Chapter 24, Moving Day

November 24th, 2008

Cassidy's POV

Today's the day that we are officially moving into our new home! It's a four bedroom, four and a half bathroom contemporary modern home. It was perfect for us; each having our own room and bathroom and an extra room for guests. It was in a nice neighborhood, and in between both, Aaron and I's, jobs.

Aaron's team seems to be excited for us, except for Spencer. After what happened with Spencer and I, we've had no communication. I feel awful about it. I slept with Spencer and epicly failed to keep it a secret, and then told him it was a mistake. It was, I won't lie, but the last thing I expected was to be moving in with Aaron just over a month after Haley died.

Aaron's now returned to work, and I know the team is extra cautious with him. They're just as hesitant about him returning back so soon, but if he thinks he's ready I can't stop him. I hear a knock on the apartment door, and I yell "Come in!"

I am currently surrounded by boxes, and miscellaneous items that have no place. Everything is ready to go to the house, and thankfully the team is coming over to help unload everything, and see the new house. I won't lie, it'll be weird to see Spencer since I don't know how he'll act around me.

"Cassie, it's Spencer. Where are you?" I hear the voice say, as I'm currently on the floor. I want to scare him now. I hear his footsteps, and then I see his foot.

I come from behind and say, "Boo!" Spencer jumps a little, and turns around. I start dying of laughter at the scared little look on his face. I didn't think I'd actually startle him.

"We need to talk. Can we go outside?" He asks, not knowing if Aaron's here. However, Aaron isn't here, he's at the office doing some paperwork before helping the move-in process.

"Aaron's not here, Spencer. What's up?" I ask, and I can tell he's overwhelmed.

"Look, I know you're in love with Aaron. I just want you to know that the night we shared doesn't mean we need to make it complicated between us. We can still be friends, Cassie. Please don't think otherwise, I can tell you've been avoiding me." He says, looking down. I can hear the sadness in his words, and it hurts me that I was the one who did that to him.

I place my hands on his shoulders and say, "Thank you for saying that Spencer. I don't want things to be complicated between us, and I want to be your friend. I'm sorry what happened that night, I don't know what I was thinking. However, it happened and I know things will be different between us even though we agree on being friends." I say, and he looks up at me, with the sadness prominent in his eyes.

"Well I meant it Cassie. I'd rather you be in my life as a friend than not have you in my life at all. Anyways, what can I do?" He asks, trying to uplift this moment. It was a big step, and I still don't know if it's the right one.