Chapter 14, Dinner

Chapter 14, Dinner

September 16th, 2008

Cassidy's POV

    I stood outside of Aaron and Haley's house. It was a two-story house, with an attached garage. It was quite nice, and it definitely fit Aaron. I almost didn't want to knock. It took almost all my courage to knock on their door, letting them know I arrived.

    A moment later, the door opened and I didn't see anyone at my height. I looked down, and saw a boy with brown hair and brown eyes. He's the spitting image of Aaron. "Hi! You must be Jack. I'm Cassidy, but you can call me Cassie." I say to the little boy.

    I look forward, and I see Aaron coming down the hall toward the door. "Hey Cassie, it's great to see you again!" He says, going to give me a hug.

    I hugged him back, and I didn't want to let go. Even after ten years, he still is my safe haven. "Hey Aaron, it's good to see you too." I say, and I walk inside their house.

    "Cassie, you want to see my toys?" Jack asked, pulling on my pants. I smile, he's an impatient little guy. I mean he's like four, so what child isn't?

    I crouch down so meet his little eyes, and say, "I'd love to you! Want to show me where they are?"

    "Yes! Daddy, we're going to my room." He says, slurring his words. It was cute.

    "Okay, buddy." he says, as I stand back up all the way. "Dinner should be ready in five minutes. I'll come save you." He says, lowering his voice on the last sentence.

    "Save me from what? Jack's adorable." I say, and I feel Jack grab my hand. I look down at him, and he looks at me with pleading eyes.

    "Cassie, this way!" He says, pulling me toward the stairs.

    "Okay, okay. Let's go!" I say, letting the little man take the lead.

    We make our way upstairs and down the hall. His room was on the right, with a bathroom on the left. We turned into his room, it was blue and had superhero posters on the walls.

    "Ta da! My toys! Here you can play with these ones, and I'll play with these ones." He says, separating the heroes and the civilians he has.

    I got the civilians, while his superheroes were the "bad guys." He wanted me to be a Special Agent, just like his father. It's so cute how much he looks up to his Dad. We played for a while, and I finally caught him.

    "I got you now!" I say, with an evil laugh.

    Jack starts laughing, and I laugh too. "I let you win!" Jack says, and I smile.

    "Well, you're very nice. Thank you Jack." I say, and he smiles.

    We continue to play for a minute when we hear Aaron say, "Alright children, time for dinner."