Chapter X

Flashbacks

Your POV - ages 5-16: Stain/Akaguro Chizome

I met Chizome-San on the street a few weeks after my parents died. We became quite close and he let me stay with him for a couple of months before telling me that the heroes were after him again and he had to leave. But he promised he would check in on me every once in a while and he never broke that promise. Even when I joined the commission and became a vigilante (which he influenced) we stayed in touch with each other.

Your POV - around the ages 6-16: Hawks/Takami Keigo

After a few months of training, I was paired with a blonde-haired boy with crimson red wings whose name was Keigo. The commission had decided to put the two best students together to form a power duo and we lived up to that standard. Even if we didn't get along at first he was the only person I could manage being around so we became close rather quickly. I told him everything about my past as he did the same and we found some sort of comfort in knowing we weren't alone anymore and having someone to share the burden of our traumas with.

For four years Keigo and I were best friends until I finally decided to run away from the commission. He and I had different views on heroes, and he knew about this being a place to train the next generation of them. This led to a minor feud between us but as it was time for me to leave we vowed to stay in touch and that vow was never broken.

Your POV - age 8: Shiro

I was walking through the hallways of the Heroes Commission when I stumbled upon a room with the door left slightly ajar. I peek my head inside to see a boy who looked about my age typing away at a computer. His glowing emerald eyes were so focused on the screen he didn't seem to notice me stepping into the room and walking up next to him.

"Hey. What are you working on? And I've never seen you with any of the other kids that I train with. Who are you?" My voice seemed to snap him out of his thoughts as his head whipped around to me.

"I'm not in the action department. My training takes place in the programming department. My name is Mante Shiro. What's yours?"

"(L/n) (Y/n)."

—————

"I'm running away, Shiro-Kun... Will you join me?"

"I'd follow you anywhere, (Y/n)-San."

Your POV - age 12: Gorudo and Yufukuna

I walk down the empty street of a neighborhood with my earbuds in until I sense a violent energy coming from a house up ahead. I take out my earbuds and stalk up to the porch to see the door slightly open where I can hear yelling and the shattering of glass from inside.

I creak open the door to see two almost identical males with their mother screaming at them with a broken glass bottle in hand, and a man who seems to be their dad sitting on the couch smoking a cigarette.

I cringe at the sight but am relieved to see that the twins are without injuries. I step inside the house and speak.

"Hey, there miss. Mind telling me what's going on here?"

"Who the hell are you?! Get your ass out of my house!"

"...I don't think so." She looked at me confused and was about to speak until my sand injected itself into her mouth, doing the same to the man on the couch and they both are knocked out cold. The twins look at me in shock as I approach them whilst holding out my hands. They take them and stand up.

"Who are you?"

"My name is (L/n) (Y/n). Would you like to come with me?

————

Gorudo and Yufukuna had been abused by their parents for most of their lives. They were about two years older than me but even so they treated me as though I was the senior. My small group now had four members and I would be meeting two more shortly.

Your POV - age 13: Kage and Nene

I stood in a fighting stance prepared to take out my target when a shadow loomed over the alleyway before wrapping around my victim, and without a trace he vanished.

A boy soon came down from the fire escape and slowly stalked up to me. "You must be Slumber... Allow me to join you."

I recognize the boy as a fellow vigilante going by the name of Kurai. "And what would I get out of this?"

"I and my sister will act as your support. I'm sure I could help you with some of your missions-"

"Denied."

"Reason?"

"You'll only be a burden."

With that, I began to walk off ,but he somehow appeared in front of me. I raise an eyebrow as he spoke. "My quirk. I'm sure it could be of some benefit to you. It is called 'shadow'. I can manipulate, become, and teleport in shadows. My sister's ability is called bubble party. She can produce bubbles from her pores and mouth... or anywhere they can escape. They are almost unpoppable."

I sigh.

"Follow me..."

——————

I soon after meet Nene and we quickly become friends. With her personality being go-lucky and bubbly and mine being bland and stoic we seem to click well.

———————————-
934 words