Chapter 12

You woke up in the morning to see almost everyone gone except for Nene who was laying down swaddled in a blanket, staring intently at the flashing Tv screen. The smell of pancakes and other breakfast foods wafted over the apartment as you sat up and stretched with a big yawn.

"Wheres Hitoshi?" You asked as the pink-haired girl turned around with a grin on her face.

"Oh, you're finally awake! In the kitchen. He's cooking breakfast!" You nod and walk into the kitchen to see the boy doing just that.

You sat down at the counter before crossing your arms over it and laying your head down on them.

"I see you're finally up. It's around twelve already." You glanced at the clock to see it was indeed almost noon. With another big yawn, you nodded your head as the purple-haired male looked at you with his brows furrowed.

"Have you been sleeping alright? You seem pretty tired."

"I could say the same to you." You responded with your eyes closed as he rolled his purple orbs.

"I'm serious. Maybe you should try taking a break once in a while. Even with everything you have to do you're still human."

The statement made you chuckle. After all the things you've done, you had never viewed yourself as such. You weren't worthy of it. Killing people made you no better than the people you killed and you knew it, but if it meant no one else would have to or no more innocent people would die then you were more than happy to fill the role of 'Grim Reaper', even if you were 'Sandman'.

"What's so funny?" The boy asked as you opened an eye to look at him.

"You... It's alright Hitoshi. I can take care of myself. Just worry about how you're doing." He furrowed his brows even more as he turned off the stove and placed all the food onto separate plates.

Nene skipped into the kitchen and took a seat next to you with your Nintendo switch in hand as Shinso set the plates in front of the two of you. He then took his plate and took a seat while you watched Nene play her game.

"Aww, no fair!"

"Stop jumping around so much or you won't have time to shoot." You rolled your eyes while turning away from the girl and addressing Shinso.

"This is good... Where'd you learn to cook?"

"I followed the recipes you gave me. Before, all I was able to make was instant ramen and maybe spaghetti but that's about it."

You stared at him as he rubbed his neck nervously. You huffed chopped him in the center of his head causing him to grimace.

"I can see your past habits are beginning to catch up to you... But you've improved in such little time. Nice job." You pat his head as a small smile spread across his face.

"Thanks."

"Both of you hurry up and eat. And Nene, put my switch down. I don't want your sticky fingers all over it." The girl turned to you with a pancake stuffed face as you took the console out of her hands. She whined but went back to eating shortly after.

After the three of you were finished eating and getting ready for the day you showed Shinso where he would be staying for the week. It was an apartment-sized space the was similar to yours, but a bit smaller.

"You're welcome to stay here whenever you'd like, even after our time training here is over. Class 1a will be doing things similar to the internships where they will have to stay a few days with a hero. You will be doing the same but with me, or maybe even more often than 1a since you have much to learn. Either way, this space is reserved for you."