Chapter 19

We make it back to the hotel exhausted. Everyone retreats to their room as soon as we enter the door.

Before Kage can complain, I rush to the bathroom and lock the door to shower in peace.

Standing under the ice-cold water I close my eyes as my mind drifts, coming back to the same thought over and over no matter how hard I try not to think.

My heartbeat quickens as my body temperature rises.

The only thing I can think about is (Y/n).

Authors POV :

"Make sure you check your body for ticks, Nene."

Your pink-haired roommate plops down beside you, ignoring your remark as she begins scrolling through her phone.

"I don't feel anything on me so I'm sure I'm fine."

You sigh and scoot against the bed's headboard, pulling out a book and then speaking again.

"Just because you don't feel anything on you doesn't mean it's not there. If you don't want to check get off my bed. I'd prefer to not have a nasty parasite on me."

The girl huffed and glanced behind her shoulder to glare at you. But after a few grumbles, she sprung up and headed to the bathroom.

She wasn't in there for long before a loud screech was heard and she came rushing back out, panicking before you.

"I told you."

The girl whined with tears in her eyes. "Help me, boss!"

You sighed, closing your book and motioning for her to sit down.

Second week of the trip:

There were two days left before it was time to go back home and everyone had mixed feelings.

Half of the group dreaded their return home as the others were delighted at the thought of relaxing after all the chaos that took place over the past two weeks.

You on the other hand we're neutral.

You hadn't gotten to do much because of your injury but you had to admit it was nice to take it easy and see everyone having fun. Though you wanted to get back to work as soon as possible.

You had tried getting in touch with Aizawa at least ten different times but no matter how much you called or texted he wouldn't answer.

And it was the same way today.

"You should relax while you still can boss. There's nothing to worry about." Gorudo took your phone out of your hand, hanging it up for it to then be dropped into a beach bag half buried in the sand.

"I don't understand why neither Aizawa nor Nezu is answering my calls."

Yufkuna added the finishing touches to his sand castle before giving you a stony glare."You know exactly why. You're supposed to be recovering."

"I've almost made a complete recovery. You all are making it a bigger deal than it is and it's highly unappreciated."

"Half of your leg was disintegrated and you think it would take two weeks to be almost healed. I'll admit you've recovered a bit faster than the average person would because of your quirk but you're nowhere near even halfway healed."

Shiro muttered beside you, his eyes trained on the book he continued to read.

You said nothing more. Your brows lowered as you fell into frustration. You sat silently in thought for a moment longer before eventually speaking.