Chapter 5

The next morning I woke up to see Aizawa gone with Miko resting on my legs. After slowly removing the cat I begin to clean up some of the things left from last night before cooking breakfast for myself and the now-awake feline.

After eating I pull out some of the plushies I had gotten from yesterday and Miko begins to gnaw at them as I take pictures.

Out of nowhere, I remember the purple-haired boy from the other day. Since I didn't want to seem rude and act as if I didn't acknowledge him I decided to text the number he gave to me.

——

You
Hello. Your name is Shinso correct? It's Fushigina.

Shinso
Yeah, that's right. I'm glad to see you actually contacted me.
So about us meeting up. Do you have time today?"

I thought for a few moments. 'My license should be coming in the mail around five this evening... I was also thinking about going out on a patrol tonight since Aizawa said my costume would be coming as well...But I could make time for this afternoon if he truly wishes to go out.'

You
I have time. Where do you wish to go?

Shinso
I was hoping I could get someone to train with for the festival.
How about we meet up at the school?

You
That's fine with me. I'm on my way now.

———

I changed into some workout clothes before grabbing Miko and some of his toys, then heading out.

I reach the school gates and see Shinso standing there on his phone. I walk up in front of him and speak. "Hello, Shinso." He looks up at me with a startled expression before relaxing a bit.

"You scared me... What's with the cat?"

"This is Miko... I didn't want to leave him at home today so I decided to bring him along. I hope you don't mind."

"No... Can I hold him?" I hand the cat over to him and he seems to like him. We head to the field in the back of the school and begin to stretch.

Once we're done we stand a few feet from each other. "Are you ready?"

"Of course..."

With that, we rush at each other. I end up being the only one who is left standing after a mere few seconds, and the boy is now lying on the ground in a starfish position.

"Again."

We again stand a slight distance from each other and we rush forward. This time he began talking to me. But I did not respond. I had seen the files on his quirk. It really was such a shame he didn't make it into the hero course simply because his quirk wasn't compatible with the test they were to take.

He ends up on the ground once again as I reach my hand out to help him up.

"I know about how you ended up in general studies. I've decided I'm going to train you and help you get into the hero course... As long as you're ready for it."

A look of determination flashes in his eyes and he smirks. "Yes, Sensei."

I pause.

 "My name... It's (L/n) (Y/n)." His smirk soon turns into a smile. "Yes (L/n) Sensei!"

The first thing I decide to work on was Shinso's figure. "Your build is very lean. You need to build up some muscle, and we'll be doing that with basic exercise and combat. I'm also going to give you a diet and sleep plan that you must follow strictly. The first is endurance. I want you to run twenty laps around the field. If you can't run, jog, if you can't jog, skip. I don't care what you do just don't stop moving."