Chapter 15.5

"Now tell me, what the hell were you doing in Hosu with the nerds?"

The two of you starred menacingly into each other's eyes. You assumed he was thinking you had something to do with what everyone was seeing all over the media. But you didn't know how much they had seen. So answering his question with some half-baked lie wouldn't cut it.

"I'm not obligated to answer any of your questions. If you think I'm hiding something then be my guest and investigate to your hearts content. But I assure you, you will get nowhere since I have nothing to hide or prove to you."

He did nothing but stare as you were about to exit the roof.

"Oi! I wasn't done talking!"

You stopped mid stride and turned back to him.

"What more is there to say? I gave you full permission to do whatever you want. But either way, I don't owe you anything. So why are you trying so hard? Why are you so interested?"

"The hell do you mean 'why am I not interested?' No one knows snot shit about you and you go prancing around like you're some type of superior who can do whatever the hell they want. None of those other dumb idiots question it but it's not gonna fly with me."

"You're right... I'll keep what was just said in mind. Good day, Bakugou."

———

237 words