Chapter 16

Your eyes shot open as your vision was filled with a bright white ceiling. The sound of beeping machines filled your ears with the feeling of a hand placed firmly on top of yours. You glanced to your side to see Aizawas head resting on the edge of the hospital bed. You remove your hand from his and sit up trying to ignore the sharp pain in your side. Your eyes wandered the room before pulling up a part of the hospital gown you had been dressed in and staring down at the bandages wrapped tightly around your waist and leg.

Slowly you removed the wrap that was tinted pink, indicating it had been changed frequently while you were unconscious. You sighed at the sight of the long row of crisscrossed stitches that went across your stomach and down to your calf. After fixing your gown and making sure Aizawa wouldn't wake up any time soon you tried to make your way out of the bed as silently as possible while cursing under your breath at the pain your injuries caused.

After managing to get up you made your way to the closet in the corner of the room where you had found a pair of crutches. You took them and hopped out the door, but before you could make your way into the hallway a hand was placed gently on your shoulder.

"Go lay back down."

"..."

Aizawa sighed as he turned you around gently and guided you back to bed.

"I'll call a doctor."

He pushed a button and not even a minute later a doctor entered the room accompanied by a nurse.

"Miss Fushigna, I'm glad to see you're awake. He offered you a small smile while pulling up a chair in front of you and scribbling quickly on his clipboard.

"What happened?" your voice came out dry as he made an attempt to take your wrist but you snatched it away and asked again.

"What happened?"

The doctor smiled once more before finally answering. "You've been out for a few days. The villain you had fought at the mall had a decaying quirk. The wound started small but then began to spread across the side of your body down to your led. We started operating on you as soon as you were placed in the ambulance."

You nodded as he glanced at you briefly before clearing his throat and speaking again.

"We need to check your vitals and a few other things. The muscle in your leg needs at least two months to heal on its own before we can get someone with a healing quirk to fix it fully, so we'll prescribe you some medicine and you should be good to go after that."

"There's no need. My condition is fine besides the little bit of pain I feel. I doubt it will take more than three weeks for me to recover. Thank you for your work." You bowed curtly and reached for the crutches in front of you as Aizawa glared at you while pushing you back down, causing you to curse in pain once more.

"Sorry kid, but you need to be cleared by a doctor and signed out by me before you can leave." You glared at the tired-looking man as he returned the expression. You breathed out an irritated sigh while looking away.

"Let it take no more than ten minutes."

The doctor sweatdropped and nodded.

"Of course."

________

After leaving the hospital Aizawa stopped at fast food restaurant and shortly after a pharmacy to pick up some pain medication along with your prescription. You rummaged through the bag of meds before looking at the bottles, and then at Aizawa.

"This is a waste of money."

He glared at you for the second time that day before focusing back on the road. You felt like pouting at his lack of response but decided to keep your dignity.