Chapter 9

Previously

"There's no need to worry. As long as we stay on our toes we can find ways to counter anything they throw our way. But first, we need to find a way to prevent Chizome-San from killing any more heroes without ruining our relationship with him."

—————

"But how are we going to do that?" Yufukuna tilted his head as you hummed thoughtfully.

"To be quite honest I'm not sure. Any ideas?"

"I say we have Hawks capture him. He is a hero after all, and Akagure-San doesn't know that we are in relations with each other. It would be one of the most rational ways." Shiro states as you nod.

"Right. Anyone else?"

"Hawks can't go in alone. He and Akagure-San's fighting styles don't match up at all. There's a fifty-fifty chance that either side could win and I don't like those odds." Kage says as he turns to Keigo to get his opinion on it.

"Hey, have a little more faith in me."

"No, he's right. Even with your speed, you're a long-distance fighter without those feather swords of yours but still, he is way more skilled in sword-wielding than you. With Chizome-San being close range and with his quirk he could easily overpower you. And knowing you, you'd get too cocky." 

He gasped at your words and you roll your eyes.

"Let's go with Shiro's plan. We need to get everything into motion within the next couple of weeks... Keigo."

"Yes?"

"You know about the internships that are supposed to be taking place in two weeks? Who did you request to join your agency?"

"Tokoyami Fumikage. Why?"

"I didn't expect you to want an intern. I'm assuming it's to gather more information on the USJ attack?"

"You're spot on!"

You sighed and pinched the bridge of your nose. "This causes a problem. I'm 100% sure he will accept your request among all of the others he's gotten and since you play a major role in our plan, it will be somewhat delayed."

"You're right. How about I contact some other heroes that would be good to take my place?"

"They have to be one of the top five since they are the only ones that know I'm not in prison as of now. And since most of them will be having interns as well I doubt they would have the time."

There was a long pause before you spoke up.

"No matter. We'll figure something out. Also, the base of our plan depends on whenever Chizome-San decides to strike next."

"I'd say it would most likely be during the internship," Shiro spoke as you tilted your head.

"Why do you say that?"

"Think about it. Stain and the Vanguard Action Squad. The timing of all of them joining forces. Also considering all the people Stain has on his hit list and all of the heroes that will be out and about with their interns, it makes sense."

"Are you sure you guys actually want to catch Akagure-San though?" 

You could feel the guilt radiating off of most of the group.

"I don't know... Chizome-San has played an important role in all of our lives but even so, I don't agree with what he is doing. It is at times like these where we can not let our emotions get in the way."

"But (Y/n)-"

"Let's not talk about that right now. At least we aren't killing him." A bitter feeling rose in your chest as you grit your teeth.