Chapter 7

It was time for lunch. You made your way to the cafeteria with Keigo. You both pick your food before he tells you he has something to take care of and he'd be back.

You were munching on your food until you felt a tap on your shoulder. Upon turning your head you could see Todoroki standing behind you.

"May I help you?"

"Come with me."

 Were his only words before he began to walk off. You picked up your food and followed not far behind him until you both came to a stop in a tunnel where Midoriya was standing as well.

You stood next to the green-haired boy as Todoroki began to speak.

"I was overwhelmed. No one else could feel it but I could... Maybe Fushigina too. The immense power you hold, it was the same one I witnessed from All Might." He took a long pause.

"Midoriya, are you All Might's secret love child or something?" The boy's eyes widened as yours narrowed.

'He's very observant... I shouldn't have underestimated his perceptiveness, especially since his father is a hero. He might have heard of me before or could have even seen some of my battles since Endeavor would sometimes take him on missions.'

"N-no it's not like that!"

"Saying it's not like that means there is still something going on. I won't pry into your business but the reason I asked for you to be here is to apologize. I broke my vow to myself and in the end played right into my father's hands. My old man has a strong desire to rise in the world. As a hero, he won a name for himself with crushing force. Because of that, the living legend All Might is a great eyesore for him. Since he couldn't surpass All Might, he moved on to his next plan."

You didn't want to hear Todoroki ramble on about his family, more like you didn't need to. You knew everything about the Todoroki family from how Enji would abuse his children and even drove one into villainy. And how he locked his wife in a nursing home after driving her to the brink of insanity, which led to how Shoto had gotten his scar. As a matter of fact, you've spoken with Rei and Touya rather recently.

"You've heard of quirk marriages, right? It became a problem for the second and third generations after superpowers appeared. Choosing a spouse only on strengthening your own power and passing it on to your children. Forcing people into marriage. The old-fashioned way of thinking has been brought about by a lack of ethics. He is a man with both accomplishments and money..."

"He won over my mother's family and got hold of her quirk. He's trying to fulfill his own desire of raising me to be a hero that will one day surpass All Might. I won't become a tool for scum like that. In my memories, my mother was always crying. 'Your left side is unsightly' are her exact words as she poured boiling water over my eye... Without using my old man's quirk- no, I'll reject him completely by winning first place without using it. "

"Why does this concern me?" You began to get impatient.

"Midoriya that is all I wished to say to you. If you wish you may go now." The boy nodded and walked out of the tunnel and Todoroki turned to you.

"Would you mind answering some of my questions?" He asked. 

Your expression remained unchanged but your mind was skeptical.

"Depends."

You would probably be alright with Todoroki knowing a bit about your identity, but there was another presence around the corner and without having to identify them by their aura you could already tell who it was. And you didn't know if that person would be able to keep their mouth shut.