Chapter 6

Time skip: Two weeks

You and Shinso have been training for two weeks now and his muscle has begun to build. His hand-to-hand combat has improved drastically within such a short time and he was quick to pick up on your fighting style, as well as make some of your techniques his own. You gave him a quick lesson on knife handling as well with the little time you had left.

You and Keigo had been making slow progress on finding the league but you now have bits of information. Like a list of previous contacts and trails where they had been rumored to be spotted. Little by little, you get closer to finding them, and all the hard work is noticeably paying off.

—————

Aizawa gave you a rundown on the festival events and you had told him you would only participate in the first game as well as some of the recreational games, to not arouse any suspicion out of the crowd and students. He agreed and gave you an earpiece to make sure you wouldn't go too hard on the students.

The class waited in one of the break rooms as some whined about not being able to wear their costumes and others were too nervous to think. You stood next to Midoriya as he shook like a leaf.

"Why are you so nervous? I can feel a great amount of energy coming from in you but it seems... It's going on a rampage as if it's untamed. You don't know how to control your quirk, do you? I haven't witnessed your power yet, but I'm hoping I will be able to get the chance today. I have high expectations for you."

Your words of encouragement seemed to make him shake even more. Kirishima sweatdropped.

 "She was just trying to cheer you up, man! But it seems she didn't get the point across."

"O-oh! Thank you!"

Iida came into the room and announced it was almost time for the class to head to the field. After that Todoroki came up to the green-haired boy and you, then spoke.

"Midoriya."

"Hey, Todoroki, what's up?"

"From an objective standpoint, I think it's fairly clear that I'm stronger than you," The dual-haired boy stated as you narrowed your eyes.

"Um... Yeah."

"However, you've got All Might in your corner helping you out. I'm not going to pry about what's going on between you two. But know that I will beat you." The green-haired boy's face turned to one of shock as the half-and-half male glared at him.

"What's with all these declarations of war lately?" Denki sweatdropped as Kirishima gets up and places a hand on Todoroki's shoulder.

"Yeah man, what's the big deal? Why are you picking a fight all of a sudden?" Todoroki shrugs off the redhead's hand.

"We're not here not make friends. Don't forget this isn't a team effort." He then turns to you and his glare hardens.

You look at him, matching his intense gaze.

"We haven't had the chance to see you in full action. I don't know why you're not using your quirk, but-" You cut him off.

"I don't want a lecture from a hypocrite. I have my reasons and as I said before they do not concern you. If you want to keep being nosey be my guest but you will get nowhere in your investigation. I do not have the time to be playing detective with you all, so if you wouldn't mind I would like to get these few years over with as soon as possible." 

Everyone frowns, some nervous and some feeling a bit hurt by your words.

With that, you exit the room and make your way to the field entrance.