Chapter 14: Revelation of Truth I

Bondita came out of the room after more than thirty minutes. She was looking like a Royal Princess in this green Banarasi saree. Anirudh was waiting for her outside the room. He couldn't took off his eyes when she came in front of him. He was also looking so handsome in red kurta and white dhoti which was enough to make bondita's heart beat fast. There was a complete silence prevailing as they both were busy looking at eachother's eyes. Bondita broke the silence, "aab jaa sakti hu nah main niche?" "Haan chalo...kyu nahi?" Anirudh replied and Bondita nodded.

They were going when Bondita stopped." Kya hua Bondita?" "Ek baat samajh mein nahi ayi....yeh aap achanak se mujhe esi saree pehen ne ke liye diye aur khud dhoti kurta pehene...kyu? Kahi jana hai kya? Batayiye nah patibabu..." Bondita's voice was reflecting her curiosity and she was eagerly waiting for his answer. "Offo Bondita....tumhe sab pata chalega...tum chalo to sahi...." Anirudh smirked and this made Bondita upset. But she didn't react and started walking quietly. But this time Anirudh stopped her and to her wonder,
he blindfolded her with a black cloth.

"Yeh....yeh...kya kar rahe hai aap?"

"Sshhhh...surprise hai....tum bass mere sath chalo..."

Bondita nodded knowing she didn't have any way except following him. He held her hand with one of his hand and her shoulder with the other and came downstairs carefully. "Aab ankhe kholo..." Anirudh untied the cloth and Bondita opened her eyes slowly. She was shocked seeing the atmosphere around her. Their house was decorated with colorful lights and flowers like a bride. Many people of their neighbourhood had come there. The women were talking with eachother, the men were drinking sarbat with ksj and other male members, the children were playing in the mid of the hall. Bihari was serving snacks while Koyli was busy in taking care of other things. A slow music was playing on the gramophone.

Bondita's heart skipped a beat and gradually the eyes filled with terror. Her hands and feet started trembling. "Yeh..." she murmured with a shaky voice. "Tumhare liye Bondita...tumhe acha lagta hai nah esab, ishiliye chotasa ek ayojan kiya hai maine....aur vese bhi tum aur Batuk itne dino baad ghar laute ho to ushki khushi bhi to manani baki thi nah....kesa laga mera surprise?" Anirudh replied with a broad smile but Bondita lost her words. She could feel the formation of lump in the throat and gulped. "Chalo chalo ayo....." Anirudh almost pulled her to the hall without waiting for her answer. "Areh...areh.... humari bahu aa gayi...ayo ayo bahu..." Kaka exclaimed while Bondita nodded unwillingly. "Boudi...aap bohot sundar lag rahi ho..." Bondita gave a forced smile on Som's compliment.

"Areh areh dekho... Roy Chawdhuraniji aa gayi hai...." the people started gathering one by one to have a look of Bondita. "Kitni khubsurat hai nah humari bahuraniji!" ___" Haan haan... bilkul rani ki tarah! Bohot vagyasali hai chote malik! Hahaha..." some of them complimented while the others laughed.

The environment was full of happiness but not in Bondita's heart. Everything happening there was making her nervous. Bondita closed her eyes due to nervousness. "Aaj to aap ekdam dulhan ke tarah lagengi bahuraniji!..... Chote malik to dekhte hi reh jayenge....."___ "band karo esab....maine kaha band karo...... mujhe ghinn as rahila hai......"____"humari sadi to bakiyo jaisi hi hai nah......"____"nahiii.....tum meri zimmedari ho, sirf zimmedari...." Bondita opened her eyes with a jerk. The flashback of the incident, the dreadful night of four years ago was coming in front of her eyes. The happiness and cheers in the RC Mansion was triggering her hidden fear and pain. From that day, their marriage anniversary evening, parties had become a terror for her. Everytime it flashed out those dreadful memories of that night and the days after that. Her Patibabu's sudden change of behaviour, his fake marriage with Manorama, forcefully sending her to Kolkata, the way she lived like a dead for the last 4 years started flashing in her mind.

Though it was a pleasant day but the beads of perspiration started taking their place on her forehead and neck and it didn't escape Anirudh's eyes. "Bondita.... Bondita tum thik to ho nah? Itna pasina!" he enquired wiping her sweat, "batao nah Bondita....kya hua?"