A Word of Advice + Update

Alright, I have two things to talk about today, neither are writing tip related, but actually one refers back to a chapter I wrote in high school (which is 4+ years back for me now, so yeah, this book is old).

I woke up today pretty early for my early class (9am start) and while I was still in bed waking up, I noticed someone commenting on my "Follow and Unfollow" chapter here in this book.

Now, to show how old that chapter is (as we know, it goes by the last time we published it, so not the original publish date) lemme show you a screenshot.

This was five years ago

This was five years ago. I was seventeen when I wrote this. I was a teen, but I will also note I matured faster since I was an only child and also found classmates during that time to be a lot more immature than me. I have grown out of that bad mentality though, so I am doing better nowadays, but I think it may apply slightly to what I talk about today.

I'm just gonna plop the image here for now and continue on talking about this person. Again, censored so they have anonymity as they should have that despite being a crappy person.

Now, they left three comments in total, but I deleted them all and then muted them before I thought of screening each comment, so oh well 🤷🏻‍♀️

They got offended that I said you shouldn't be here for just followers and didn't like my chapter.

I will note it is a more immature chapter by me as it's done when I was younger and didn't have as much emotional control and did name calling a lot more.

But as a note for everyone, no matter how young or old you are here on Wattpad, getting aggressive and mean in the comments section to attack people is not okay.

Personally, I feel people part of my generation who are still in middle school and high school (I'm in Gen Z too if I haven't said that before) seem to be even worse than when I was in school. I understand you don't have to respect elders and that is completely fine (I agree we shouldn't have to if they're jerks). What my issue is... it's how people are so angry that they can't be just follower obsessed.

I will say this again like I did back then:

Followers should be a back burner thought. Having followers is not the main aspect of Wattpad. This place is to be a platform for story writing and making friends. It is NOT a popularity contest. Get that out of your heads.

Like yes, we all want followers. I know I'm pushing on twitch right now to become an affiliate, because it's a possible income for me, but that's the only area where I'm pushing and encouraging people to give me a follow, and even then, I kindly ask to follow. My legit phrase in the end of my streams is "If you like my streams and me being a weirdo, please consider following! Your support is greatly appreciated!"

So as a reminder... Don't be vicious if you are upset with someone's words in a tip book. And ALSO, do not think of Wattpad as a popularity contest. Be on here for fun. If you want to be a published author, you do NOT need to have a lot of followers to apply for the publishing program Wattpad has. And if you were to send a manuscript to a publisher in the mail, they don't care about your follower count either.

What these people focus on is a good book, not your follower count.

Again, I see Wattpad as a place to share stories. It isn't Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, Tik Tok, or another social media. This is a content site for story writing, not your face or other typical social media content.

It is a platform made for writing and sharing stories.

So now, that is end of that section I wanted to talk about.

Now onto my update...

As y'all know if you've read the later chapters, I am in college/university.

Well, yesterday was graduation for those earring their bachelors, masters, an doctorates for the winter semester.

And ya girl has her Fine Arts degree now! I graduated with honors too!

I am currently on job hunting for graphic design positions while also freelancing. So, I now will have more free time while also working my part time job until I have a job in my field.

This being said, I should now have time to get back to writing and working on my books. Although I can't guarantee how dedicated i will be to writing depending on my schedule.

I'm still doing design work weekly to keep practicing my graphic design and also really pushing to get better at realism so I can make my own covers with my own artwork if I were to self publish (did a series on book design, so I'm confident in doing my own book covers if I physically publish the indie way).

I'm mainly gonna focus on working on Only For Girls a lot more and also to work on The Goddess Series, book one is The Search for Nagia. That second book won't launch until I finish writing it, though. I want to put that on a weekly system with a special boost system if it gets attention.

But yeah, there's that update! If you've been sticking with me since the beginning of this book, I will give note that I am now 22 years old, so you know how much time has gone as I've written this entire writing tip book.

I'll be definitely going back and revising previous chapters, especially if they have my old political views (this also applies to my rant book) and I'll want to put clarifications on my changes now.

And again, before I go:

Black Lives Matter
Covid is still super prominent, wear a mask and get vaccinated if you aren't immunocompromised.
Trans Lives Matter
There are still families broken up at the border and dying from the conditions they're put in, fight ICE and let's help those families out.