Phisher Problem on Wattpad

Guys, this is important to see due to what's currently happening on Wattpad.

We have some phishers/scammers.

What's phishing?

It's where someone pretends to be an official and usually tries to get you to click on a link. Once you click this link, they have access to your account information.

This is a dangerous thing and can happen to anyone. The most dangerous phishing tactics I've experienced are ones pretending to be the people who run the FAFSA, my bank, and my credit card company.

Those fakes above are looking for something important if you're an American. Your social security number.

For foreigners, they're looking for anything that can help them steal your identity if you get fake emails about your credit cards and banks.

These people do anything to try to get other people's money.

And we have some on Wattpad.

Not as serious as above examples, but these phishers are most likely either hacking or trying to get your information to sell it.

What do these look like?

Well, like this:

Note the username! That's the first way to detect these phishing/scam bots

Also, I checked this chapter of my book, that person they mentioned has not commented on the chapter at all.

I have went to go and see on that chapter of Colliding Elements to see the full comment, but thankfully Wattpad's system already gutted the comment so I didn't need to delete it myself.

But I did see them on my book before and reported that account.

In full, the next line of these phish/scam comments is saying you won premium Wattpad membership or something similar and then a link follows.

DO NOT CLICK THAT LINK

Those links will give your username, password, and email to the phishers. If you're linked to Facebook with your account, possibly more. I'm not sure for the social media linking.

But please be safe!