Prolouge

Amethyst padded through the Ancient Red Wood Forest, lifting her head to sniff around. Keeping low not knowing the new territory she searched for cover. The humans have driven her into new area, and she's not alone... She looked through trees seeing if there were others. Amethyst knew there were more and was determined to find them. Her past life she has been in the safety of the Rocky Mountains, being raised by two great parents and with two brothers. It couldn't have gotten any better! She lived a simple life as a lynx cub.
Not too long ago, in her last month with her brothers, humans killed them all leaving her to flee from her home. Monsters came out of the human area, they were huge, yellow, and destructive. With massive heads crushing trees and clearing flat land. What had become of this? How could these humans come and do this? Amethyst ran into a protected reserve with 100's of acres, with prey, territory, and more of these wild cats.
Wolves were out in the plains sniffing around and relaxing, now they were the real enemy of these cats. Amethyst shuddered at the thought of being caught by one. She spotted a cat, a caracal, just wandering around too. Her pelt was sleek and she was calm, then Amethyst went over to greet herself.
"Hello... I'm Amethyst..." She dips her head respectfully to the cat.
The caracal only returned her gaze at the moment and lied down before saying a word, "Hello... My name is Thorn..." she nods in greetings back.
"Have you been driven here by humans too?" Amethyst asked thinking it was the most likely possibility, all though she was a warmer climate cat. She can't be from around here...
"No... I was in a cage further down South until I escaped..." Thorn said simply, explaining the breed of cat she was, "I lived in my own natural habitat until I was captured..." She sighed, there was sadness in her eyes.
"I see..." Amethyst looks down in respect then her ears perk as she heard some snarling, "did you hear that?" Not waiting for a respond she ran in the direction. Two male cats, a lion and a tiger, were bristling and standing face to face. Thorn came up beside her, with her eyes wide.
"What's going on here?" Thorn stepped closer, "who are you?" She asked looking at both of them.
Both of them weren't looking at them, instead they were staring at the bushes. A white spotted pelt was hiding! "Hello?" Amethyst padded over to the cat unsure what she was. The white cat fell out of the bushes and it was an albino cheetah.
"I'm Komirad..." The male tiger responded, "I was brought here too..." He flicked his ear at the lion.
"I'm Sungaze, I was chased into this area by humans... I lived in captivity with others, but I was the only who made it safe..." Sungaze sighed,
Komirad turned to everyone and his gaze looked amoungst the group of cats. Sungaze flicked his ear as the albino cheetah walked out, "I'm D-Dusk..." She says softly and doesn't make eye contact with anyone.
Amethyst smiles at Dusk then looked at Thorn, "if we all were chased by humans," she then looked at everyone else before finishing, "then let's gain up, to become an army of wild cats!" She smiles proudly.
Thorn nods in agreement then she looked at Sungaze. He smiles then turned to Komirad, who had nodded his agreement. Komirad looked at Dusk, she hesitated at first then smiles slightly.
"Very well!" Amethyst smiles, "We'll need a place to call home..." She said.
Thorn's eyes widen, "I know a place!" She announced and ran off telling them to follow with a flick of her tail. Sungaze and Amethyst ran behind her as Dusk and Komirad took the rear.
As they enter some brambles, a massive clearing, in great Red Wood trees, appeared. It had big caves, overhangs/cliffs, and a small stream running through it. Thorn ran and leaped onto a stump with moss trickling up the side of it.
"I come here often... This is the stump I'm always on." Thorn spoke and stood above the others.
"You don't mind us being here right?" Amethyst stepped forward making sure it was okay first.
"No, it gets lonely just being by yourself..." She smiles welcomely to the new comers.
"Thank you..." Amethyst dips her head and Thorn accepts her appreciation. Amethyst leaped onto a rock and stood above the rest, "if we're gunna be an army then we'll need ranks!" She announces looking down, "Alpha, Beta, Healer, Guardian, Hunter, Nurse, and Omega! Just like a wolf pack, but we are cats not dogs!" She smiles.
Komirad nods, "I will be a Guardian..." He looks at the others.
Sungaze looks at Komirad "I will be one too." He said looking up at Amethyst
Thorn smiles, "I shall be a Hunter!" She got excited and hopped a little.
Dusk doesn't look up, she stares at her paws shyly, "I'll be a Hunter as well..." She whispers.
"I will be a Guardian!" A new voice appeared from the entrance as a handsome lynx walked into the clearing. Amethyst admired his confidence and his determination.
"Welcome..." Amethyst leaped down greeting the new comer.
Thorn stepped up, "we need an Alpha to guide us!" She looked around.
Everyone nodded and all of their gazes fell on Amethyst. Her heart raced as she knew what they were thinking. She wasn't sure if she could be a leader, with so much trust and responsibility. She hesitated for a moment not knowing how to respond, but Thorn broke the silence.
"Amethyst, you shown great leadership already. We think you should be the Alpha. You clearly feel strongly about this army and believe we can all work together to survive." She nods and looked at everyone.
Amethyst smiles and leaps up onto the rock, "I Amethyst, will lead and guide this army! I shall be the Alpha Cat!" She howls loud enough for the forest to hear. She stood proudly above everyone, I can do this... She thought.