Chapter 13

Now it was the dawn before the Wild War for Freedom, the battle of justice. Amethyst leaped up onto the stump where she first stood in the beginning. Her eyes dart around the ground, she showed peace and courage. Even though she was nervous, she had to show leadership toward everyone. Komirad stepped in front of everyone, his eyes keen on the lynx. Now, they were ready and be free. Wolves and coyotes howled in the distance, cougars roared, elk and bison mooed back, birds of prey cawed above, and the Wild Cat Army growls, roaring out before running into the prairie. Amethyst ran ahead and met with the Great Leaders. All ten of them sprinted charging for the human base. They all knew it would be a while before they actually arrive to the human area, but they were making their way through the plains. Maroon and Raxan huffed beside her, they were bigger animals so they didn't have great stamina.
Over time, everyone gradually slowed down letting the others have a breather. Amethyst felt someone gazing at her, without hesitation, she turned her head seeing Forest. His eyes were not as tense as they usually were. They showed love, pain, and depression. Forest missed Amethyst! She looked away so she wouldn't get soft and break. Turning, she broke their gaze with each other and walked through the crowd. She swiftly went under and between elk to get to the other Great Leaders.
"...the humans are- Amethyst, nice for you to join us," Gunner looks up to her from the other leaders.
"Yes, sorry... I was seeing how everyone was doing..." She bows her head in respect and apology.
"It's fine," Sparrow shook his head then gestures her over beside him, with his tail.
She exchanged glances with the other Great Leaders, not knowing what would happen to them after this battle. Preparing with the wolves and now these other animals just come in not knowing the plan. Either way, it was just to show that we were here first and are determined to fight till the death. Every specie have their own part in this and has to do it without heistation.
After a while of rest, the Army started up again. Everyone kept the pace up and they continued. Amethyst sighs and turns her head seeing Frost beside her. Her eyes lighten a little showing hope and she looked back ahead of her. Nothing, but long grass and open skies. It was a clear day, but it was about to get a whole lot darker. Structures of some sort stood tall above the grass and a wall surrounded the human base. Gunner howls a battle cry and everyone starts to sprint full speed at the wall. All the bison charged with their heads down and crashes through the wooden wall. The wolves ran off attacking the humans with the cougars at their side. Eagles swooped down damaging weird objects on the top, and coyotes snuck in holes on the side of the structure. She smiles happily knowing they were proving their worth and strength, until humans with weapons came out shooting some animals down, injuring them.
A man grabs Amethyst and she bit down on its arm feeling the blood fill her mouth. The man yells in agony and hits her with a stick. She lied on the ground as her foreleg stung in pain. Her eyes widen as he walked closer holding the stick above his head ready to smash it down onto her. She closes her eyes and tucks her head in bracing herself. Moments later nothing happened, so she opens her eyes seeing Komirad and Palmer jumping up onto the man. She stands and dips her head in gratitude before running off to help the cougars. A loud bang came from behind her and she turns seeing Snow lying lifeless on the ground. Her heart stops for a moment knowing she lost a member of the Army. She frowns seeing Forest run to his mate's side burying his face into her white, spotted fur. Amethyst shakes her head knowing they had to morn later. She leaps up onto the man and growls with her eyes sharp in aggravation. "You killed one of us and now I'll show no mercy to your ruthlessness!" She snarls and claps her jaws on his neck, waiting till his body fell limp and cold. She drops him and stalks away.
The air around was changing and she leaped up onto a pile of stones looking at everyone battling. Some lied down injured as others fought for them. Even a couple of lifeless bodies appear in the crowd. The human structure was being torn down piece by piece as the coyotes raided everything in site destroying anything man made.
A familiar shape lied on the ground in the middle of a battle. Once she recognized who it was her heart dropped, feeling worried. Thorn! She yowls in her head and ran over to her loyal friend. She sits beside her body then grabs her scruff dragging her away from everyone to a safe place. Her paw prods at her side and she sighs as Thorn opens her eyes. "Your okay..." She nuzzles into her neck.
"Y-yeah..." She smiles and sits up a little.
"Don't move!" Amethyst nudges the caracal back down.
"I'm fine... I'll be alright..." She whispers and Blossom rushes over checking her out.
Knowing she was alright in the paws of Blossom, Amethyst ran off again, leaping up onto the backs of moose and bisons as she made her way toward Gunner. The Alpha Wolf fought three humans, so she joined at his side to help. Unsheathing her claws she swatted at them before diving under Gunner as he jumped onto a man. She slips through the arms of the other two guys and slices open the man's (that Gunner was attacking) neck then spun around knocking another man back. She left his side and pants slightly catching her breath.
Sungaze and Dashi were clawing at humans near by. The male lion roars and leaps onto a man crushing the bones, before whipping around to help the serval battle with a couple more guys. She continued to weave her way through animals and humans. Amber was actually fighting, her eyes were blazing with fury as she killed a man. Her heart was right to fight with the Army. Blaze wasn't too far away from the black leopard, fighting beside Holly. Both attacked a man with a very sharp and long stick. Amethyst nods over to them and continues on hearing a call of agony.
"Amethyst!! Help!" A voice cries out and she turns her head seeing Forest surrounded by humans who were closing him in, against a wall. She runs over and charges at the men knocking them away from her friend. She stands in front of the male lynx with the breeze gently blowing her fur. Forest walks up to her and gazes in her eyes, "Today I lost Snow..." He mutters and looks down, "I haven't lost the one I love, though..." He glances up at her.
"I know and I'm... Wait what?!" She flicks her ear, "y-you still have feelings for me?" She asks feeling hope he still does.
"Yes, Amethyst you are my only mate I wish to be with..." He nuzzles into her cheek and she closes her eyes.
"It's nice that you two are back together, but we are still in battle..." Dusk comes over and runs off over to Komirad.
Amethyst blushes embarrassed and nods leaving to see what was going on. Now realizing, they won the battle and hearing a human speaking. She couldn't understand what it meant, but it sounded like words. An attack at the timber mill has opened the eyes of communities. Big cats, wolves, bison, and many other animals known in the area has attacked many men at the building. Now the entire wilderness is a National Park. More on the NEWS at nine.
Amethyst smiles knowing it sounded promising and turns to everyone. "We have set ourselves free! The lost will not be forgotten!" She announces to everyone. All the animals made a cry of victory and ran off back home.
Forest came over to her and rubs their foreheads together and purrs deeply. Finally... We can all live in peace and harmony. Now this is a free life... She thought as her eyes close and licks Forest's cheek.
Snow was being dragged back to camp with the Army and others injured, limped along. They slowly walked through the grass with Sparrow and Amethyst leading the way. It was a journey back home, but it will be worth it. Her blue eyes were sharp as they focused ahead of them.
***
Once everyone got back, they morned the death of Snow. She was a noble Guardian and a great cat who has never done any wrong. Amethyst stood on a large rock looking down at the cats. Frost played with his cubs and she smiles happy for him. He was loyal only to his mate and no one else could fill her spot.
"Amethyst!" Thorn's voice came from behind her.
"Yes?" She turns and faces her friend.
"Uh... The warmer climate cats must leave here for the winter..."
"What do you mean?"
"Not all of us cats can live through the winter here... We need to go South," she looked down.
"Of course and I'll make sure Sparrow keeps tab on everyone," she dips her head. "
She pads to the pile of prey and eats some of the bison meat. Forest comes over and licks behind her ear then lies beside her. His fur felt so comforting and warm now that they were mates again. She purrs and nuzzles under his chin pawing at the ground. "I love you..." She whispers.
"I love you too, Amethyst..." He purrs and licks her muzzle.