Chapter 1

As the group settled in there were more cats that joined the army. Amber, Snow, Frost, Blaze, Palmer, Holly, and Breeze all became apart of the group. They're settling in just fine and finding friends quickly. Amethyst noticed that both Dusk and Amber has taken a liking toward Komirad. She couldn't doubt them... He was a great cat. Komirad padded into the clearing with Palmer, his muscles rippling under his pelt. Sungaze usually kept to himself, but he joined the two males.
Later in the day, Dusk left camp for a walk. Amethyst stood shaking her pelt, being Alpha is hard work, but it's worth it... She thought.
Komirad padded over to Dusk, "Do you want to hunt some elk with Amber and I?" He bent his head down.
"S-sure!" Dusk stood and stretched after her walk, then blushed a little when he wasn't looking.
Amber, the black leopard, stood at the entrance her amber eyes watched Komirad and Dusk pad over to her. Palmer, the serval, quietly followed as the three left the camp. Guardians are allowed to help hunt larger prey or go on patrols to protect the other cats. Amethyst was still figuring out the system, but it was going well so far.
After a while a growling came from the forest, Amethyst jumped up sprinting into the forest standing at the edge of the Red Woods. She quickly climbed a tree looking into the plains seeing the situation. Komirad was in the grass as wolves were slowly coming from the bracken. Dusk and Amber were unaware of the problem and kept stalking an elk. A herd of bison came out of the grass and stood strong in front of Komirad. Palmer hid in the tree beside her and she looked over at him then back down at the tiger. The bull charged and flung Komirad into the air landing hard. Dusk and Amber ran to his side as the bison walked on. His body was weak and limp, Amethyst knew he wasn't dead though.
"Komirad?" Dusk nuzzled his side.
"Yeah?" He opened his eyes.
Palmer leaped down from the tree and pranced over to the cats. Amethyst got down and kept low knowing the wolves were still around.
"Come on! Leave him!" She shouted to the group, "if Komirad lies limp the wolves won't bother him!" She hisses.
Dusk and Amber looked at Amethyst while Palmer obeyed his Alpha and sprinted back to camp. The females were determined to stick by his side not willing to leave him. Dusk steps up and her fur bristles.
"I'm not leaving him here to die!" Amber snarls and stands in front of Komirad with Dusk by her side.
Amethyst couldn't take their stubbornness as the wolves got closer, so she left them and went back to camp. Komirad stood and looked at both of them disgustedly. He took off into the reeds just as the wolves arrived, Amber and Dusk ran off too.
***
In camp, everything was calm. Dusk didn't return, but stayed out by her stream catching fish and staring at her reflection. Amethyst relaxed by Thorn and yawned before resting her head down. Moments later, a large cheetah was running into camp beside Dusk. Her ears pricked and lifted her head. Komirad approached wearily.
"Dusk who is this?" He asked and narrows his eyes.
The muscular cheetah stood proudly and returned the same gaze to Komirad, "My name is Dawn. Brother of Dusk." He growls at the male tiger.
Amethyst could tell that the Dawn didn't trust Komirad. How could he, they just met? She shrugged and he became a Hunter like his sister. He was courageous and he looked like he was swift, but Dawn kept his distance from Komirad and everytime he walked by Dawn would growl. She thought it was odd, but didn't question because males were just males and no female can help that.
***
Blaze ran into camp from her solo patrol, her eyes were widen with fear as she panted. Dusk followed behind her and looked at Komirad. He walked over to her side to see what was going on as Blaze padded up to Amethyst.
"The humans have these... These monsters and they're out in the forest..." She said shakily.
It looked like Dusk was telling Komirad the same thing as he looked at Amethyst. Both of them nodded and acted quickly as they rounded up the Guardians. Brook was the new female beta and Sparrow shown he was the greatest male, so he became Male Alpha. Amber, Blaze, Komirad, Palmer, both Alpha's, Brook, Forest, and Loka gathered, then walked out of camp. The patrol left and marched through the forest. It looks like the wolves sent their best fighters too.
When they arrived all of their eyes widen, many humans were talking to one another, standing by the monsters. The cats growled and charged. Amethyst leaped onto one man killing with a bite to its neck. She looked up to see Komirad swiping at a human, Dusk came up beside him as a man tried to pin him down. Amber was kicked by a man, then Palmer helped her and ranked his claws down the sides of their legs.
"Keep fighting!" Sparrow commanded the cats and Brook was joined by Blaze fighting side by side.
Blood was being spilled by the humans, they had no chance. Amethyst was pinned by a man until Forest and Frost tackled him and Forest helped her up. She blushed then continued helping the cats with battle moves and strategies. As the last few humans fled, the wolves went after them.
"That's our cue telling us to go back!" Amethyst yowls and leads the way back being followed by the patrol.
***
Back at camp Breeze was treating everyone and there was no sign of Dusk or Dawn. It looked like Amber wanted to get a little closer to Komirad, then Dusk limped into camp. Komirad left Amber's side to see why Dusk was limping.
"Hey... What happened to you?" He asked kindly.
"Oh..." Dusk hesitated before answering. Amethyst then knew what ever she was going to say she was lying, "I tripped over a rock..." She forced a smile.
Komirad nods, "well be more careful..." He whispered and headed out for his solo patrol.
A black-footed cat left the bushes and padded to Dusk. She was very small, the cat was only 4lb and looked tiny compared to all of the other cats. She stood proudly then introduced herself.
"Im Blossom!" She said confidently, "I know you were lying to him... So what really happened to you're paw?" Blossom asked sniffing her paw.
Dusk sighed, "if I told him what really happen... He would kill someone..." She blinks slowly at the small cat.
"I understand... You can tell me... I'm new I don't anyone, but you." Blossom smiles kindly and grabs some herbs.
"It was my brother..." Dusk tears up a little.
"Oh... Here eat these..." Blossom pawed poppy seeds toward her and bandaged her paw up, "why don't you tell him? He's the kind of cat that protects others that he cares about..." She spoke softly and started gathering the herbs, "I can tell he likes you..." She smirks.
"H-he does?" Dusk blushed and her eyes lighten up, but it faded, "but no great cat like him can ever love a cat like me..." She sighed.
"Oh! No not like that..." Blossom looked at Dusk with her eyes wide.
"Oh... Well..." She took a long pause, "I like him..." She whispers.
"Then tell him..." Blossom nods and heads off to her tree.
Amethyst smiles and she watched Komirad entered the camp. He was dragging a female bison and with every tug the large prey slowly made its way to the overhang. Komirad pants and smiles. Dusk pads over to him.
"Komirad... T-there's something I have to tell you..." She hesitated.
"Yeah?" He looked calm and tired from dragging the carcass.
"I-I..." She stopped then swallows, "Dawn is the real reason that I'm limping..." She showed him her paw.
"Why didn't you tell me?" He looked into her eyes concerned.
Amethyst was surprised she didn't tell him her feelings for him. She looked around camp, then stood up. Dusk shrugs and looks at the ground nervously. It was obvious she really wanted to tell him, but couldn't. Brook padded over to Amethyst.
"I'll send a patrol..." She looked at the situation, "Dawn hurt his own sister?" She asked the Female Alpha.
Amethyst sadly nods the truth and felt bad for Dusk. Her brother did seem hostile. Dawn padded into camp and snarled at Komirad and walked to his sister. Dusk stood and sprinted out of camp. Komirad growls back at Dawn, then stalked over to the male cheetah.
"Why did you do that to Dusk?" He snapped in his face.
"She's my sister! I can do what ever I want with her!" Dawn spat back.
"No you can't!" Komirad swiped at his face.
Dawn hisses and turns his head slowly back at the tiger. Amethyst knew Komirad just challenged Dawn to protect Dusk. Blossom was right... He does protect others he cares about... She thought. The two males were now in combat hissing and snarling at each other.