Chapter 14

A few sunrises have passed since the battle and the Army was at ease. The Hunters were out getting prey for everyone else, while the leaders kept their truce and agreed to stay at peace with the forest. Holly and Sparrow were now mates, they were truly a great pair. Everything was perfect now, no danger and nothing to worry about. Now, Amethyst is expecting Forest's cubs, she couldn't be happier with him at her side. Once he returned from the patrol, he padded over to her and licks her cheek. She purrs and nuzzles into his neck purring.
"I have to speak with Thorn..." the female lynx whispers then trots over to the caracal. "Hi..." She smiles slightly.
"Hello, Amethyst," Thorn dips her head, "I've been thinking and I want Sungaze to lead the patrol down South. He is a great leader and I think he deserves to be the Male Alpha," she speaks with nervousness, but still strong.
"I see... If Sparrow wishes to step down or looses the challenge battle, he will become the new Male Alpha," she flicks her ear and sits down licking her paw.
"Okay!" she exclaims and pads over to the lion.
***
After some time has past and Thorn was speaking with Sungaze, he stood and walked over to Sparrow. Amethyst couldn't tell what they were saying, but she could see that Sparrow wasn't happy considering the face he was making. Instantly, he swatted across Sungaze's cheek in a challenge. She narrows her eyes and leaps up onto the tree stump. She lies down with her paws crossed promptly as she watched the two males fight for dominance.
Sparrow was more agile and swift while Sungaze was powerful and strong. She flicks her ear with a calm gaze. The lion charged at him and Sparrow dodges out of the way then dives underneath him knocking him off balance. He smirks and looks back at Sungaze as he lied on the ground, slowly standing up. He growls and whipped around, unsheathing his claws as he left marks along Sparrow's thigh. He falls and looked up at Sungaze then manages to move closer, biting at his foreleg. Sungaze squeaked slightly and threw the clouded leopard off then stalked towards him. He pins him to the ground, roaring in his face in dominance. After staring into his eyes, Sungaze steps off him and walks off, over to Thorn. He was now the new Alpha male.
Sparrow sighs and Holly runs over, comforting him. She licks his wound gently and nuzzles into his neck. He stands up, leaning up against Holly, then dips his head in respect to Sungaze. Amethyst looks around before leaping up onto the boulder. She stands above everyone on the ledge looking down.
She sits waiting for everyone's attention and for some cats to come out in the clearing. "Sungaze is now the new Male Alpha of Wild Cat Army!" She announces proudly looking over to him, "Sparrow, you were a great Alpha for a long time... I won't think less of you just cause you no longer work at my side... You are still a noble cat and I want you to be the Male Beta.." She smiles.
"Thank you, Amethyst..." He looks up at her and Blossom comes over with herbs tending to his wound.
Komirad sat over by Dusk and Dashi. She thought the male tiger would've been a good Alpha, but he seemed happy just being a Guardian. Amethyst goes over to Frost and his cubs to see how they were doing. She sat down watching them play knowing they were ready for training. Brook came up behind her and poked her side with her nose.
"I was wondering something..." She mutters.
"Okay, say what you need to say, I won't be mad."  She shakes her head.
"Well... When your cubs are delivered, I'll can take over as Alpha for you," she said quietly.
"Very well, Brook. You are the Female Beta after all and I appreciate you'll come in for me while I'm busy with the cubs," Amethyst nods.
"Great!" Her ears perk up and she walks off to the prey. Amethyst went into the Alpha Cave and she lies down, grooming out her long, silver fur. If only the Army was bigger... She thought then rests her head on her paws, closing her eyes. Moments later, she could hear Forest come in and felt him wrap around her, licking her head smoothly.