Chapter 6

As the dark night turned into a deep red while the sun came up, only some of the Guardians were up guarding the camp. Komirad and Dashi were out in the plains. The tiger was on a rock trying to spot some elk, night hunting was more efficient. Amethyst kept her eye on the two males. She was up in a tree, her brown, silver fur slightly blending in. Suddenly a big bang came from the forest, and the next thing Amethyst saw was Komirad on the ground passed out. Another loud sound pierced the silence as birds flew off and other prey scattered. Dashi was on the ground, he was injured too! The lynx couldn't believe what she was seeing. Then a hunter emerged from the bracken, he held a gun in his hand looking around for the two big cats. Thankfully they we're both hidden enough.
Growling rumbled the ground as the other wild cats come out of the shadows. All of them were different shapes, sizes, and colors. They stood proudly with fur on end. The human dropped his weapon slowly backing up. Amethyst leaped down standing in front of them. Sparrow came to her side as the two Alpha's stood their ground.
Blossom scurried past the man as Palmer followed helping her tend to the two injured cats. Everyone else snapped their jaws threating the person. With a flick of her ear she signals a couple of cats to chase the human out, while the others go back to camp. Amber looked at the person with fury in her eyes. She still hated humans, but had a soft spot for the one named 'Jay'.
"Alright! Everyone let's keep guard until we are positive the people are gone!" The Male Alpha announces on a rock back at camp. His patchy pelt shimmered in the dim moon light. The Army nods and splits up, the Guardians going out quietly keeping watch and the Hunters entering the Cave.
Forest pads to Amethyst, "be careful..." He whispers and runs out after pressing his head against hers.
"I will..." She nods and she walks to the Cave curling up.
***
Blossom has done a great job caring for Komirad and Dashi. Both were healing fast and well. She headed out to the forest to search for more herbs. Amethyst was thinking that the Healer's small size should keep her safe from dangers.
"Amethyst!" A voice called her name.
"Yes?" She turned to see Frost.
"May we speak?"
"Of course..." Amethyst lead the way to another Cave and entered. "What must you say?" She tilts her head looking at him.
"Before I came to join the Army I had a mate... She gave birth to three cubs, but was killed..." Sadness shown in his eyes.
"I'm sorry..." She felt sorry for the male lynx.
"Long story short, I was wondering if they could come and join the Army," his eyes sparkled with hope.
"The Army can always supply room and found for cubs," she meows happily.
"Thank you... I promise I'll keep them in line." He smiles and runs out of camp.
Amethyst felt like she did a good thing helping out her friend. She knew it was probably tough for him loosing his mate and having to take care of his offspring alone, with no mother. Amethyst supposed she could be their foster mother, after all she was the same breed of cat as Frost. I'll be like a mother to his cubs... She thought as she watched Frost entered camp with three little cubs stumbling along the clearing. Everyone gave weird and confused looks at the male and the young cats. One was smaller than the rest, that must've been the runt of the litter.
***
Amethyst took care of the three young cats. Forest didn't really like it because they weren't his cubs. It seemed like Frost was my mate, but she was only doing him a favor. She searched around camp for othe cats, it was mostly empty. The Guardians were out patrolling the area, while the Hunters kept an eye on the humans. Out of the corner of her eye she saw the cubs play fighting with one and another.
"Amethyst!" Blossom trotted over to the Female Alpha's side.
"Yes?" She lied down looking at the small cat.
"I need more supplies..." Her voice was soft, "I also thought of a way to get rid of the people..." She sits closer to Amethyst whispering her plan.
"Really?" The lynx's eyes widen, "so what's the main plan?"
Blossom smirks, "we need to surround them, and I know you won't like this, but..." Her voice trails off, some nervousness was in it. "We'll need the wolves' help..." She bites her lip.
"Why do we need their help?" Her eyes narrow, hating the dogs.
"When all the cats surround that humans, they come out-" she draws a diagram in the dirt, "and tackle them, finally we go in and help!" Blossom squeaks a little excitedly.
"This is great, but I'm sure the wolves are no allies of ours either..."
"I'm sure we can join up with them to scare off the Hunters." The black-footed cat did prove a point.
"Very well, I'll have some of the Guardi-" Amethyst was cut off.
"No I'll go alone... We don't need them thinking we're opposing a threat." Her gaze remains steady.
"But..." She stops herself, "okay... Blossom you may go alone..." She whispers.
Blossom nods and bonds off across the forest to the wolves. Be careful my friend... Amethyst thinks, her eyes showed worriedness.