Chapter 7

Blossom carefully walked through the forest to find the wolves. She had to do her best to convince them to join up while staying safe. Her ears were perked keeping out for any sounds. The awful scent of the dogs touched her nose, she knew she was getting closer. A rustle came from the bushes in front of her. The wolves.
"Who are you?" A grey and brown wolf stepped out followed by a red wolf.
"I'm Blossom," she held her ground, "I came here to speak with the Alpha."
"He will not be speaking to some tiny cat." He snorts in her face.
She steps back at his bad breathe. She knew he wasn't the alpha because he wasn't honorable enough, nor strong.
"I'm Ragged..." He mumbles his name, "this is Red," he points his tail to the female wolf.
"Nice to meet you," Blossom's voice was soft.
Red stands tall beside Ragged, her fur was neatly groomed and sleek. It seems like cats weren't the only ones keeping their pelts clean. Blossom thought and stood on her hind paws.
"Look, I must speak to your alpha to warn him about the hunters!" She snaps.
"Hunters?" Red comes face to face with her, "oh no..." Her voice trails off, she then looked at Ragged with concern in her eyes.
"Very well, if it's the Alpha you must speak to then we'll take you to him." Ragged nods to her and leads the way as Red pads beside her.
"Ragged isn't always like this..." She whispers down to her, "he is Beta so there is a lot going in his mind..." She sighs looking at the male.
"I understand, our Female Beta, Brook, is doing the best she can with everything." Blossom smiles comfortingly to let her know she wasn't the only one.
Ragged enters their camp and every wolf whipped their heads glaring and snarling at Blossom. It almost seemed as if they were going to kill her. All the eyes were blazing, except for one male in the corner. He was quiet and looked gentle. He was no threat at all. The Omega... Her head keeps low thinking all of these thoughts. She could tell a wild cat shouldn't be with a pack of dogs.
"Gunner, a cat is here to speak with you..." Ragged's voice came from a cave.
Soon two wolves walked out, one was Ragged and the other must be the Alpha. She watched his muscles ripple through his pelt, he was young and powerful. He kept a calm look on his face and he stood in front of her.
"You wanted to speak?" Gunner's voice was mature and peaceful.
"Uh... Yes." She says confidently, his eyes burned into hers, "Amethyst has sent me to speak with you."
"Follow..." He turns walking to a smaller cave. He flicked his ear telling the wolves to continue with normal duties.
Blossom relaxes a little more, relieved that all the wolves weren't staring at her. She knew they would never accept her into the pack.
"So this, Amethyst... Is she your Alpha?" Gunner sat down.
"Yes, she is our Female Alpha, and she told me to come here to warn you." Her voice was a little shaky.
His eyes squinted in curioustity, "go on..." His voice trails as if he was so focused into her information.
"There are hunters... They're hunting us, any creature they see they'll kill." Her voice shook a little.
"My wolves have notice them too..."
"So, I was talking with the Alpha's and they have agreed to joining up with the pack to stop these humans..."
"What? They think we'll just come along?" His fur started to rise.
"No, they wanted to have the power to take these people down." She defends her friends in a nice tone.
"The Rocky Wolf Pack can take care of it themselves. You go back where you came from and be the useless animals that you are!" He bared his teeth and stands.
Blossom gasps and bolts out of the camp before any dog could see her. She couldn't believe Gunner's sudden hostility. She was hurt, never before has she been disrespected like that. She faught the tears and kept putting one leg in front of another. Her eyes widen coming to a stop, a wolf stood right in front of her, staring down. The gaze was calm and honest, he showed no aggression.
"H-hello?" Blossom recognized the Omega from the camp.
"Hello, Blossom." He greets back, she was surprised he knew her name, "I'm Lacardo, the original Alpha." His furry was ruffled and he had many scars.
"Really?" She couldn't see if he was lying or not. It was clear he was not the strongest.
"Yes, my place was stolen from Gunner in a challenge." Lacardo's eyes soften, "he was loosing until Ragged helped him and bit me. I had no chance, it was two against one and the next thing I knew everyone joined in and made me humiliated." A tear rolled down his cheek thinking about his awful past, "believe it or not, I'm only fourteen moons old."
"Wow... I'm so sorry," she pressed her head into his leg. A connection was felt between her and him. Her heart swelled blushing, "I must get back."
"Of course," his cheeks were a little red as he stepped out the way, "I'll talk to Gunner..." He blinked once, "I can convince him to team up with your... Pack" there was a slight hesitation.
"We're an Army." Blossom corrects him and dips her head, "thank you..." She smiles and runs off to camp.