Chapter 9

Komirad was leading the group out to the prairie. Amethyst watched from the tree lining, she hoped that the plan will work and that the wolves will keep their word. Soon enough, the pack came into the area and eyed the group of cats, meeting them.
The male tiger stood with Sungaze, side by side they guarded the others behind them. Leo, Drift, Blaze, Palmer, and Amber, agreed to meet the wolves. They stood their ground and watched them walk toward them. The pack had more dogs in it than the cat group that had volunteered to meet them. Amethyst didn't worry, but kept by Blossom. She looked along the forest, the other cats were all hidden along the tree lining.
"Hello, fellow cats... We came to meet with your Female Alpha..." One of the big wolves stepped forward.
Komirad stood tall to show he was strong and proud, "Very well..." He looked at her as she padded out to the group.
"Hello, Rocky Wolf Pack Alpha..." Amethyst dipped her head in respect.
"Call me Gunner..." He smiles, "Thanks to your little friend, we have decided to team up with your Army."
Sparrow padded next to her, "We wish for you to keep your word. We shall keep the peace until this problem is solved."
Amethyst raised her tail to silence him, "Yes... As long as you keep your word we'll remain peaceful..." She smiled and looked at her Army. "We must start training right away. We don't know what we're up against." She turned to Komirad, "Please, take the Hunters, that are at the tree line, and take them out for fighting practice. Sungaze, go with him..." She commanded the lion and watched him walk away.
"Red, Ragged, Shadow, and Blouder, go and train with the Hunters and the new Guards." Gunner turned to the four wolves. "Amethyst, I'm sure your cats here with us can train with our Guards..."
"Yes..." She nods and flicks her head toward the big cats, telling them to go with them. "I'll get my remaining cats, and we can start working on advantages..." She smiles and looked over to the Male Alpha, "You can work on techniques with the wolves and cats in the prairie..." She said looking at everyone.
"Okay." He dipped his head and gathered everyone taking them to an open area with bison grazing.
Gunner flicked his tail as the rest of the dogs walk out. Amethyst looked over to the Red Woods and nods, then her cats trot out, looking like an entire heard of elk. Once everyone comes together, she took control and ordered groups together. She had them exploring the area and trying to find advantage points.
"Let's get to the rock in the plains. We'll start training there," she walked over to the boulder and sat down waiting for everyone to catch up.
The Alpha wolf came up to her and dipped his head before flicking his ear to tell his wolves to follow. "We can train tomorrow..." He voice trails and he howls calling back his pack.
With in a few heart beats, all of the dogs ran after him. Amethyst looks at Komirad and he roars telling the cats to run back to camp. Sungaze came up beside him as they ran to the safety of the trees. A familiar scent hit her nose and Forest came to her side.
"Hello my love," he purrs and licks her cheek.
"Hi Forest..." She grins showing a fake smile, but she now had doubts about their relationship. She knew she couldn't have a mate at this time, but for now she kept it to herself.
***
At camp, everyone was talking about the meeting today with the wolves. Amethyst watched Frost with his cubs, Mint and Timber, sadly, Lily passed on from an infected wound that lead to a sickness. Now, her brother and sister only remain. Soon after staring at Frost, Forest came over and stood in her way.
"Hi beautiful..." He smirks and licks her head.
Amethyst looks down not replying. She could feel his gaze looking at her with concern.
"Amethyst?" His voice shook a little with nervousness, "Why won't you look at me, or talk to me?" He wailed sadly.
She looked up, "I'm sorry, Forest. I can't be your mate no longer." She looked away hurt by his expression, "Right now, things are complicated, and I can't have a mate..." A tear rolls down her cheek as her voice trails.
"W-what?" He studders, "So you think I'm a distraction?" His tone changed into anger, "Well if I was a distraction to you, why did you want to be my mate?!" He snaps at her with his eyes blazing anger mixed with betrayal.
"Forest! You know I want to be with you!" She bites her tongue to stop from arguing. Her eyes looked around camp, seeing every cat looking at her and Forest. Even Frost and his cubs...
"No... I will never forgive you... You lied to me, Amethyst..." He shakes his head and stalks away.
"Forest... I fell in love with you, because I wanted to be your mate..." She whispers out of his earshot.
I truly love you, Forest... Right now, it's a hard time, for all of us... She thought as she cried herself to sleep. Forest slept in the Guardian's Cave. It felt colder, and very lonely. She wished he understood how an Alpha felt like. She dreamed of being alone and lost. No one to love, no one to care for her. Forest came in and filled her with joy. He cared for her and showed affection. She smiles and leans in to nuzzle him, but he disappears. Now, it was emptiness. Falling into darkness, Amethyst pleaded for help, but no one answered. Suddenly, she woke up and jumped to her paws. Realizing she was in the Alpha's Cave she sighs lying back down. Later, not able to fall back asleep...