Chapter 5

Forest was beside Amethyst purring as they shared a rabbit together. Thorn and Amber were out of camp and Komirad was sitting with Dusk and Palmer. Frost soon padded out to the forest, he looked uncomfortable. She stood stretching and she smiles at her mate before padding into the forest. Birds sang above her head, and fish swam along the river as she crossed the log.
"Bye Jay..." Amber's voice appears and Thorn was beside her with the young human.
Soon the boy left and Amethyst came out, "be careful... Jay's parents might be around or his friends..." She whispers keeping her head down.
Amber doesn't reply and walks off respectfully. Thorn dips her head in apology and started back toward camp. Forest came up to her side and rubbed their flanks together.
"Hi..." Amethyst purrs nuzzling him.
"Hello beautiful..." He greets back licking her ear.
The two lynxes padded through some young Red Wood trees. Their grey pelts standing out of the greenage of the plants. Hissing and snarling came from the rocks ahead. Amber had Frost pinned to his side ranking her claws into his throat defensively.
"Amber release him!" She yowls and runs over.
Palmer tackles her off of him. The serval came out of no where. He jumped off her when Blossom came from the hole in the tree to help the male lynx. She tends to his wounds. Blossom was once a Nurse until Breeze, the previous Healer, was killed by a wolf. They had a ceremony for her later, after the challenge between Komirad and Dawn.
"Why did you attack him?" The Female Alpha protested the panther.
"He's hiding something!" She defends herself, "it could be something dangerous!"
"Relax! He wouldn't do anything..." Amethyst tries to reassure her.
Without making any other comment she stormed off. Looking over to Frost Amethyst helped him back to camp. Forest was on the other side having Frost lean against him. Blossom followed behind closely. Back in camp they lied him down in the Healing Cave.
***
Komirad nuzzles Dusk near the entrance as they spoke. She blushed and purrs enjoying his company. He starts to lick her head and he flushes with embarrassment.
"S-sorry..." He studders blushing, "yeah, maybe we shouldn't do that..." He whispers.
Dusk nods while blushing wildly, "yeah..." She fakes a smile, "I'm gunna go and try to swim again, wanna join?" She asks kindly while staring it his eyes.
"No thanks... I'll just stay here..." He turns padding off into the shadows. Curling up, he naps quietly.
"Okay..." She sighs and pads out.
Amethyst saw sadness in her eyes, so she follows the cheetah. Her tall body stood above the bushes making it easier to spot her. Blossom was padding towards her.
"Hi!" The black-footed cat greeted her friend.
"Hello, Blossom..." She looks down at the tiny cat.
"What's wrong?"
"I don't know... Komirad just doesn't... Oh I don't know..." She looks down at her paws disappointedly.
"Dusk, he loves you and you love him... Don't let him go..." Blossom smiles comfortingly. Her eyes soften and looks back at camp. Amethyst hid more so that neither of them would see her.
"Really?" Dusk smiles slightly and perked her ears. She faces the camp and runs back for the male tiger. Blossom nods and sits near a tree.
"Yes..." She smiles and follows close behind.
Amethyst comes out and walks through the barrier seeing Dusk over by Komirad. She nuzzles him awake. Amethyst perked her ears listening on the conversation as she lies down by the stump Thorn sits on.
"...I love you," Dusk starts, "you're the best thing that has literally ever happen to me..." She presses her head into his shoulder.
"Dusk..." He tears up. Amethyst was surprised, she never thought the tough, male tiger would cry. He rubs their cheeks together.
"Komirad..." She whispers tearing up, "no cat has ever loved me like the way you do..." She whimpers.
"I want to be with you... But we can't..." He says sadly, "a cheetah and a tiger could never be mates..." He struggled to get the words out. Amethyst's heart snapped seeing them two together.
"I want to be with you too..." She wraps her paws around him and closes her eyes.
"Well... We can try to be mates... Breed doesn't matter..." Komirad lightens up.
"R-really?" Dusk backs up and her eyes brightens.
"Yes..." He purrs and licks her nose, "will you be my mate?" His amber eyes gazed into her blue eyes.
Dusk hesitated , Amethyst smiles happy for the two, "of course..." She responds and pins him to the ground.
Komirad laughs slightly and paws at her cheeks. Both of them loved each other very much, and now they're finally together. Forest appears beside Amethyst purring softly. He rubbed their cheeks together. The Army truly had love in it... She thought joyfully.