Ch. 29 Out of the Fire, Into the Frying Pan

I know I said this chapter wouldn't be posted until after the week of the Bad Batch release. But honestly I'm hoping to take the month of May off to frontload a bunch of chapters so I can have MAYBE a weekly schedule, or at the very least post more often because there are some FIRE chapters I wanna get to. I'm... also kinda tired of dragging this story out. At this point we're only half way through and I do want to eventually get into the greater clone wars universe with saving Echo and preventing Umbara. And I also know the longer a series drags on, the more people lose interest and leave. PLUS I wanna do a revisit to a lot of the beginning of OTRATTW and I cant do that until the book is complete so I can release a "revised" edition.
All that to say hopefully after May the chapters will come much quicker.

AS FOR THIS CHAPTER. It's long. Almost 5900 words long. We first see Wrecker who is also catching on to the Realm Walker bit, but THEN we get a bit of a surprise from Techie! That was SUPPOSED to wait until Ch. 38 but Tech said now.
It's a fun chapter, and I hope you do enjoy!

Also, Kindness (for those who care) is a Bolt Action .22 Rifle from Savage Arms. The Palmetto State Armory should have one that looks exactly like mine minus the scope. Tannerite is also... a blast XD

Content Warning: Mild violence, language, suggestive material, guns

---------------------------------------------------------

That girl could fight !

He'd been so worried she would be hurt, but boy she proved herself a dangerous warrior.

And he loved it!

Wrecker paced in the clearing, kicking various scraps of droids away as he hummed a happy tune. As he ran to save them earlier, he'd switched to the feed from Hunter's helmet. What he saw only made him fall harder for Shadow.

She was just like him in battle! Up close and personal, using her body as a weapon. Damn could she kick hard!

He knew it was a good idea to have her fight. He just knew it!

Hunter hadn't believed him, and Shadow ended up saving him. Hunter would have managed, sure, but not as well as he had. Shadow saved his ass and the sarge better be grateful to her for it.

Wrecker really hoped Tech somehow recorded that like he recorded everything. He loved watching Shadow fight. Feral little Alphian!

That was her species, right? Alphian? Or at least the species she looked like now.

Something didn't add up about her. He didn't know if the others caught on, but there was just an oddity to her. He didn't reckon she was immortal, or anything like that, but he wouldn't be surprised if Shadow was from another...

Another what? Reality? Universe?

Silly as it sounded, he wouldn't be surprised.

What about one of those Realm Walkers from legends? Could she be one of those?

That would be really cool!

Wrecker didn't know much, but he found the concept fascinating. Magic in general was fascinating, but a multi-verse? Awesome!

Should he ask? No, that'd be too invasive. She got upset when asked about things like that. He didn't want her to feel uncomfortable around him!

She was one of the few outside his brothers that wasn't uneasy or mistrustful around him. He didn't want to kark it up with her. Romantically or... was it plitonic? Or platonic?

Either way. He wasn't losing her.

He could ask Hunter or Tech what they thought since they usually knew things he didn't, but if they didn't notice the oddities...