Ch. 38 Blood Dreams

The amount of stuff I could say about this chapter guys... I've had the initial concept in my head for over a year ever since my friend Suddenly-Clones made a post about dying clones wanting to hold someone's hand. And, as usual, the longer I stewed on this scene the more convoluted and AGONIZING it got :D

But I'll keep the description brief. This chapter is MESSY, physically and emotionally. It IS a nightmare scene at the beginning, but it's still a graphic description of a main character death. There will be a ~END NIGHTMARE~ break for you to search for so you can skip the nightmare scene itself. Please take care of yourself!

This chapter is INTENSE and a MAJOR plot point. A good soundtrack I feel would be "Hurricane" by 30 Seconds to Mars.

Annndddd that's all you're gonna get from me.

Warnings: Graphic descriptions of character death, emotional trauma, self-blame, self-hate. (Please proceed with caution)

---------------------------------------------------

It was odd, really.

Staring up towards the summit of the volcano, I frowned.

Here we stood, ready to enter the Vault.

But I couldn't remember waking up. Or even hiking here.

Yet I must have at some point, right? After all, I was here.

I turned to ask Wrecker if he knew anything about this bizarre teleportation, only to find no one beside me.

Not Wrecker.

Not Hunter.

Not Tech.

Not Crosshair.

I was alone.

My stomach churned. Ever since we left the Outpost, there was always a Batcher by my side or relatively close.

But not now. Instead, silence deafened me from all sides.

No boisterous laughter.

No warm chuckling.

No inquisitive questions.

No dry comments.

Nothing.

A sharp sound split the air like the first crack of thunder from an incoming storm.

But it wasn't lightning.

It wasn't a laugh, chuckle, question, or comment.

No.

Blaster fire.

"Shadow!"

My heart jerked in my chest.

Crosshair!

Where was he!?

Where were the others?!

My voice would not work.

The sniper's cry came again.

From my left.

No, right.

No, behind me!

Whirling around, I tried again to yell his name.

Silence met my ears aside from more blaster fire.

There!

Crosshair stood alone, his brothers nowhere in sight, as he stepped towards the tunnel entrance.