Ch. 6

I know it's been a long time and I'm sorry this note is brief, but I just cannot keep up with this and school anymore. My hyperfixation on these guys also has completely died. And it's kinda hard to write a romantic subplot when you don't feel connected to the characters anymore. This story is going on be on an indefinite hiatus. It may last until December, I just don't know. I'm teaching myself five classes, trying hard to keep up with all the assignments, and balance mental health on top. I just can't keep up.

I don't think there's any warnings to be listed. If I missed one I am so sorry, but I just do not have the energy to proofread right now.
I will also be replying to the comments sometime in the future, I again just can't push myself to do it right now.

----------------------------------------------------------------

He couldn't stop thinking about her eyes. Blues and greens swirling together, that gaze sharp and intense. Hunter hadn't ever given much thought to the eyes of a feline, but seeing them stare back at him with the soul of a human lurking behind... it was a different sort of unsettling. The kind he did not appreciate having to deal with.

A commando. He was a damn commando . And here he was getting worked up about a mountain guide's eyes of all things.

You are a disaster, get a grip!

"Would'ja stop pinin'?"

Hunter bristled as Crosshair's voice rasped over his private comm. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"I can see your vitals. Heart rate gets higher every time you look at the brat."

Son of a Sith . "Focus on the mission, Cross," Hunter gritted out through clenched teeth.

"Sure, I'm the one who needs to focus."

"I don't care for your tone," Hunter retorted.

"Y'all know I can see you communicatin', right?" Shadow asked as she walked alongside Hunter. "Your heads are movin'."

Pushing down the urge to smack Crosshair for putting him in this situation, Hunter cleared his throat as he switched to the main comm. "Classified intel."

Crosshair's barely repressed snorting filled his helmet. " That's the excuse you're gonna go with?"

"Shut up ."

"Gee, sorry."

Hunter cursed as he realized he never switched to a private comm and had just said that for everyone to hear. Shadow's look of shock and mild hurt did not help matters. "Crosshair's being a di'kut ."

Multicolored ears twitched back and forth. "That ain't classified, everyone knows that."

Wrecker laughed, nudging Shadow. "I'm likin' ya more and more, Haran'ika !"

The guide didn't seem annoyed by Wrecker's roughhousing. If anything, it had brought a smile to her face.

They would be a terrifying pair on the battlefield.

Why did his thoughts always lead back to asking her to join their squad? She was not a soldier.

With a little guidance, anyone can be trained.

She probably is not capable of going into hard combat, Hunter argued with himself.

Take one look at her and you'd be lying if you didn't think she'd slaughter a battalion of droids given the chance.