Ch. 53 Trust Restored Part 1: Revelation

And now, after all that angst, time to rebuild! Of course, sometimes rebuilding can be more painful as you pull out the shrapnel and splinters. But you need to evaluate the wound before you can start healing it.
If it reads a bit chaotically as far as emotions go, that's on purpose since after coming down from an emotional rollercoaster such as TS things would be confusing. Hope you enjoy it though! :D

Also, y'all are lucky because I am feeling generous so today is a DOUBLE UPLOAD! That's right, the makeup chapter is coming today as well! Figured this angst has tormented y'all long enough :D

CW: Nightmare aftermath, nightmare echoes, broken trust, frayed relationships, mistrust of self, harsh accusations, reflection of a traumatic event.

------------------------------------

Audible sobs broke from my throat as I cried into Wrecker's chest. Tears of pain, yet tears of relief.

I was awake. Truly awake. It hadn't been real. Those monsters... they weren't the real Batch. They weren't the men I fell in love with...

Or who had fallen in love with me.

"You... love me?" I choked as I clung to Wrecker.

Wrecker hugged me tighter. "I do, Squeak. I really do." Sitting down, he pulled me into his lap. "Nothing's gonna change that."

"You... you came after me. You broke-" A cough cut me off.

"Not me, Squeaky," Wrecker said firmly, yet I could hear the agony in his voice. "It wasn't me. I love you, and will never hurt you."

"I do, too," Hunter said, now at our side. "Shadow, I love you just the same. I'll never raise my hand against you..."

I pulled back from Wrecker's chest and blinked at him through teary eyes.

I... I almost... I could have... the saber fight...

"Hunter? I- I'm so- I thought... you..."

His hand entangled itself in my hair. "Sshhh. You didn't know." He sat beside us and took my hand. "What happened? Why... why did you attack us?"

"I..." Looking around, my previous actions slammed into me.

Lunging for Crosshair, claws out and ready to tear into his chest.

Trying to bite and crush Wrecker's throat.

Hitting Tech with my paw and sending him flying...

The tree...

"Tech," I croaked, then gasped louder, "Tech! His arm!"

"He doesn't blame you. It's gonna be ok, Squeaky," Wrecker swore.

"But I-"

He lifted my chin before cupping my cheek. "Shadow. You didn't know. He knows you would never turn on him like that unless something was wrong."

I pushed him away, tumbling backwards out of his lap. "You don't get it!" I yelled, ears flat as tears raced down my face. "I could have killed him! And you! All of you!" I hugged myself as a sob tore from my throat. "I could have killed you."

"But you didn't," Hunter said, reaching for me.

I jerked from his touch, still backing away. "Don't make excuses. I should have known. I should have..."

My corpse's words echoed in my ears.

"You caused this! You! It's your fault!"

"I nearly murdered you because I was too stupid to-"