Chapter 15 - Bound To You

Media: Bound To You - Christina Aguilera

3 months later...

        Light steps upon harsh marble hurried across the length of the courtyard. A strong wind blew the scent of laundry soap and freshly laundered clothing all around the slim figure. Curling into himself, Carlen hugged the warm fabrics that were recently taken off their bamboo sticks closer as he glanced around suspiciously. Licking his lips at his own antics, he hurried up the steps and down the corridor that he was so fond of. Smiling to himself mischievously as he reached the last length of the corridors, Carlen hoped that Alaric's personal attendant was too busy to notice some of Alaric's undershirts missing from the racks.

        Carlen reminded himself that he could defend his actions by simply stating that he was being helpful. He giggled inwardly at his childish actions. He had just gotten some of Alaric's laundry from the laundry room when he saw that they were done. He made sure that he did not take all of Alaric's personal laundry but only some that were his favourite so that it would be less obvious. He didn't even know what prompted him to do that and he felt slightly like a pervert at that moment. Yet he didn't care. Let's feel guilty when we get caught shall we?

        Turning down the corridor, Carlen looked behind his shoulder as nonchalantly as possible to double check that there was no one walking behind him before he darted into the room on his right. Passing the sitting room quickly, Carlen headed into the Alaric's bedroom. He giggled to himself as he threw the clothes that he was holding onto on the bed and laid upon them dramatically. His older mate's scent engulf his entire being in that moment and a swarm of butterflies seemed to have gathered and were fluttering about in his chest and tummy, making Carlen smile involuntarily.

        Taking a deeper breath, Carlen pouts as he tried to recall where Alaric said he was for the afternoon. Probably at the inner court again. Carlen frowned as he rolled over and picked up one of the undershirts that he stole from the laundry room. He was started to become very clingy with Alaric and he hated himself for it. He knew that his mate was the crown prince and that comes with a lot of responsibilities. Alaric couldn't possibly be spending every waking moment with him, especially since they were still keeping their relationship a secret. Yet, Carlen found himself wondering on several occasion, especially recently, why Alaric could not spend more time with him.

        Hurriedly completing some chores in the room, Carlen reminded himself that he needed to head back to his warrior's quarters soon. He had already prepared Lance's attire for his night training, but Lance would likely need some help getting into his full gear. Sighing, Carlen willed himself to stay just another moment to see if he could catch at least a glimpse of his beloved mate before he had to go.

        Laying back down on the edge of the bed, Carlen threw his hands above his head and closed his eyes, thinking of the times that he had spent with Alaric. He sighed as he imagined how wonderful it would be if he could just be engulfed in his mate's arms, breathing in his masculine scent-

        "Thinking about me I hope?"

        Carlen bolted up from where he laid and sprung to his feet instantly, launching himself straight into Alaric's arms, not caring that Lance was just two steps behind him.

        Lance raised his hands in mock surrender, "As usual, treat me as though I'm invisible thank you. I'll leave you two be. Take as long as you need Carlen. I don't need help with my preparations tonight." He winked, "But that is not permission for you to spend the night here little one."

        Carlen blushed as he flashed Lance his biggest smile in appreciation. "I'll be back before lights go out. Thank you."

        Lance snorted and raise his brow suggestively, "Before lights go out huh? That will give you two plenty of time to-