Chapter 25 - Their Revenge (Part II)

Once the ragged cloth was removed from the Queen's mouth, a string of colourful curses flew from her beautiful lips, stunning Carlen with her intense vocabulary. Even the rebels were taken aback, some staring with eyes wide and mouths hanging. She stopped briefly to catch her breath, before regaining her Queen-like composure, lifting her nose towards the air.

"I will gut you where you stand once you untie me, you coward! How dare you take us hostage! You poor excuse for a man." The Queen spat at Eren, "You think of yourself as such a leader, don't you? Untie me if you dare, I will make an example of you!" She shrieked, making Carlen back away fearfully. He had never seen the Queen in this state before. She was always so graceful, so well put together. Who would have even imagined a temper on her?

But Eren was quick to grasp Carlen's freshly re-bounded arm, pulling him closer towards the Queen as he advanced upon her, "Make an example of me?" Eren roared with laughter, throwing his head back, "I suggest you keep your pretty foul mouth shut before I change my mind about having a conversation with your King." Eren glanced at Carlen, "I could always take what I want by killing your precious King. I was really hoping we could take the peaceful way out. But if you force my hand, lady-"

"There is nothing peaceful about this!" Queen Sophia spat, struggling against Jol who tried to grab hold of her when she tried to lunge at her captor, "You coward! You couldn't even dream of winning against my King with your own power! It's pathetic that you have to resort to kidnapping innocent, helpless people for leverage!"

Carlen felt the fingers around his arm tightened, and tensed when he saw Eren's face spasm with anger, "I don't think you could consider yourself innocent, can you? Helpless? I doubt it. If you really want to test me, I could always shut you up with that goddess awful piece of cloth again." He dropped his tone and smiled sinisterly, "Perhaps a drink of melted silver?"

Carlen shuddered at the threat, his head snapping towards the Queen fearfully, hoping she would not test the rebels. She breathed heavily for several seconds, calculating the severity of the threat before looking as though she realized that she was no longer in the position to give threats or demand for anything. Her health and life was at risk right now.

Queen Sophia glared at Eren, before turning to Carlen with softened features, looking more composed this time, "Never give in to them. You hear me? Our kingdom will not bow to threats!" She declared loudly before reluctantly allowing Dodd to drag her off.

Carlen nodded meekly, swallowing his saliva nervously as he glanced slightly at Eren whose grip on his hand seemed to tighten further. How he was going to survive this, Carlen wasn't sure. All he knew was that his baby was in danger, and he would do anything to make sure his baby stayed safe.

The trek towards the castle was much easier than Carlen expected. He was expecting sword fights and blood spilt along the corridor as they fought their way to the King. But it was nothing like he imagined. Guards that encountered them would try to advance, but as they saw the Queen under knife point, they would back away quicker than Carlen could blink, looking lost as they waited for someone to give them an order to engage, or not. It took all of his willpower not to shout out and ask the guards to save them. Why weren't they doing anything?

It terrified him to think that the rebels could get what they want as easily as breathing, since they had the Queen hostage. On the other hand, he was looking forward to the moment that he would be released without harm.

Sooner than expected, Carlen noticed that they were reaching the inner courts, and he began to drag his feet, fearing the confrontation what was sure to come.