Epilogue - Happiness From Me To You

Media: Photograph - Ed Sheeran

The ball of light shone so brightly, but yet he did not need to avert his eyes, nor did it hurt him. He stared at it, fascinated at the feelings that were being evoked in him as he looked upon the bright, white light before him. The word Purity came to mind, making Carlen smile unconsciously.

A sort of tune played in his ears, and Carlen closed his eyes so he could focus on the sounds around him. It was beautiful. He imagined this was what it would be like if he died and went to heaven.

My child.

Without missing a beat, Carlen knew instantly who was speaking to him in his mind, "Moon Goddess."

My child, you have come far from where you were left. I am proud.

Carlen smile with pride.

My child. I return to you a part of a memory I took from you. I had wished I was stronger, I had wished that I could take the pain from you. But I failed.

She seemed to plant a kiss on Carlen's forehead and Carlen relaxed in her presence, no fear or anxiousness in him at all. The memory of what happened the last time she appeared to him came rushing back to him, as though he had always remembered what happened. The spell being broken, the spell only half broken.

My child. When I tried to break the spell that was placed upon you by your parents, the Minders, I could only break half of it. The power in the spell to have and carry a child with your fated mate was broken. I was clear on it. But the remaining part that I had not been successful with, I was unsure what to make of it. That was my reason for withholding those memories from you. But I am clear now, what it will do for you.

She reached out to hold Carlen's face in her hands.

My beautiful Carlen, the part of the spell that did not break, only remained because of the anchor of love, trust and hope that Lance had with you. Your inner wolf had already recognised Lance to be a provider and a mate potential for you, despite your true mate's existence in your life. I have never seen something like that before. The unbroken part of the spell clung onto that only hope left in you in order to withstand my powers. Your wolves are very stubborn Carlen, very compatible too. I did not consider how powerful they would be when they teamed up to protect you. Every part of you. Just as the spell was ingrained into your soul, they protected it the best they could.

Carlen waited quietly without a word, feeling as though he had to wait because something good was coming for him.

The bond between the two of you has increased tenfold since your union. And my love, my beloved, it has increased another tenfold since then as you have now conceived a child between you. This power, it will keep you safe and strong. It will protect you. Lance will protect you. After all that has happened to you, I am so proud you pulled through, Carlen.

Unexplainable joy burst within Carlen's soul, and peace settled in his mind like a blanket swaddling an innocent baby. A miracle. He was content.

This baby in you will grow to be strong and loving, stubborn and confident. He will be a Man above all men. He will be your pride and joy; he will be your precious gift. He will be everything and more than what was taken from you.

Carlen's thoughts went to Alaric and his baby that was lost to him.

My child, they are with me, they are safe, and they are not in pain. Alaric, my son gives you both all the blessings. Let go of the pain and the guilt within you my love, live. Live the happiest life you can. I believe in you and the wonders of the love between Lance and you. Live.