Chapter 1

The Ghost Hunter's P.O.V

I said it. I said it all. With no filter. And no making up of anything. Just hard cold truth.

But Adam doesn't look convinced to me. He said "okay I believe you" but from the saddened tone he said with I'll fear to bet my quarter ?

No, half of my money because I don't earn that much.

How could I? I work as a car mechanic by the day. And ghost hunter by the night.

"She'll not live" says Adam coming out of his storage room.

A storage room? Yes, a storage room. I'm not nuts so that I'd take her to hospital and get arrested for killing her.

Killing her. Well I did not kill her. But who would believe that?

Besides Adam is a good doctor and I am sure he did what a doctor could do in these circumstances.

And why is he doing that? Because he's my friend. Correction only friend.

I helped him and his family to get rid of a gang of ghosts by killing his Ex.

Killing not like the actual killing. I killed his Ex's ghost and the gang she made with others.

See, I did that again. I stomped up the gas and went on a journey of my thoughts and ....you guessed it.

Got lost.

Lost enough that I could not hear a word Adam was saying. I shook my head in affirmation though.

Because I know, most of the questions people ask are those that they already know the answer to.

But judging from weird reaction, he understood that I did not understand. So he repeated.

"Does anybody know about it? Did you see anyone or hear anyone there?"

Worry. Yes, the worry that he might get caught. It's the only thing I can make up of the sweat on his face.

Is that on mine too?. No it can't be. I am not that weak.

If I had waited for just one second. I would have said different thing.

I saw her.

She came out of the room. Blonde, blue eyes. Black jacket and a pair of blue jeans.

She didn't say a thing to me but by the look on her face I can say she said who the hell are you and where am I?

Then she looked towards Adam and said "Hello doctor, what happened to me and where am I exactly?" Confusion and worry was all over her face.

Why? Why did she talk to him, when she saw me first?. Because he was wearing his doctor coat in his home (why? that I don't know). And he looks decent. Okay just a little bit more than me.

But Adam. I guess that's whom you call a true friend. He didn't say a word. Well he did say but not to her, to me.

"I will get some wine for us". To which I replied "bring a nice one"

She looked at me. No, she did to the table I was sitting around.

She took her phone from the table and switched it on.

Oh god she's so naïve. Switch off the phone after the murder is the first thing they say to do in CSI ( a crime drama show) Episode no: Okay all of them.

She calls her brother. "Hello Jacob, I am at this weird place. Could you pick me up? I'll send you the location? Hello?"

Nothing meaningful comes out of the other side. Just confused questions like "Hello, Laura? are you there? Can you hear me?"

"Yes I can hear you Jacob, Can you hear me?"

No he can't. Not him. Not Adam. No living being, except me, because You're Dead. Yes.

I've killed you. You just don't know yet.