Chapter 2

The Ghost Hunter's P.O.V

Trouble. Yes this girl. Or say the soul of this girl is trouble for me. She called his brother. That means he'll know the location and police too.

"You have an innocent face but you're a big trouble" I say walking towards her. Hearing what just makes her face more puzzled.

"Give me your phone" I say in a stern tone. She grows her fingers tighter on the phone.

Realising my mistake. I add please (also in stern tone) to my sentence.

Okay I take it I'm not that good at making conversation. But I don't understand why she slapped me when I took the phone from her.

I don't change my facial expression that much except when brushing teeth. But she's an artist.

Her face changed from confusion to anger to disgust. In just moments that took me to get the phone from her hand forcibly.

I went out. Waited near the road. Threw the phone inside a car. Came back. Just like that plain and simple.

I wonder why people can't be like that plain and simple.

"I understand, you have kidnapped me" she said as I was locking the door from inside.

To which I didn't reply. Considering what she said is a better alternative than what I actually did.

Adam came. Poured the wine in two glasses. I take it and finish it one breath.

"So what are you gonna do ?" he asked.

You? I thought we're in this together. Okay you're in this mess only because I brought her into your house but hey!! You are already in now.

I didn't say that. But believe me I really wanted to. Cause I need help. No. An Accomplice!! Partner in crime!!

"So you two are new in this?" she says as if kidnapping was a business skill to learn.

"Girl I want you to know that I don't answer foolish questions." Well I don't many genuine ones too.

"You're talking to her ?" asks Adam. "Yes" "Ask her why was she there?"

"Hello, I'm just here, you can talk to me directly. Or is he your boss?" she says mocking him.

"So Miss why?" I ask her.

"Laura, my name is Laura Dunham" she says with absolute disgust in her voice as if she wanted to say:

You two look so naive that even I could teach you a course on How to kidnap a girl 101.

Name? Really she gave me her name which I find absolutely unnecessary. I mean why do people even have names when it does not tell anything about a person.

A person named Claire (Latin meaning Bright) can be a person with black hole (a place in space where gravity pulls so much that even light can't get out) as his heart.

Faye (French: Loyalty) could be the one backstabbing his childhood friend for money.

Gabriella (Hebrew: Devoted to God) could be the name of a Satan.

"Ask her, why was she there?" Adam says again, halting the stream of my thoughts. A stream that keeps on going thus proving the Newton's Law of motion: an object either remains at rest or continues to move unless it is acted upon by an external force.

"Where was I?" Miss Laura asked me. Yes me. Because she saw no point in asking the doctor who asked me to ask her.

"What were you doing in the middle of the road?" I asked.

A shiver went from her feet to head as she tried to remember the events. "You hit me, you hit me with your car" she uttered stammering in shock.

"Am I dead?"

"Yes, You're Dead."

She faints and falls on the ground.