Chapter 11

The Ghost Hunter's P.O.V

"Hey. Are you okay?" I asked her seeing her crying on bed.

"No I am not. I feel betrayed by my own people. They were putting out an act all the time. You know, I used to save him when he was out for late night parties. I used to swear on my life that I'd save him. And he used to say you're the best sister" She explains wiping her tears.

"Now I know. It was all just an act. He just used me for my advantage." She says in a breaking voice.

"I'm sorry that you have to go through this pain" I apologized.

"No it's not your fault. It's mine. I've been blind my whole life. I should thank you for getting me to the truth. Otherwise I would have continued living a fake life" she spits in rage.

"The worst part is that I've to carry this pain inside me for eternity" she says. 

"You don't have to, wounds heal. It just takes time" I console her.

"I don't wanna spend a minute like this" she contradicts.

"Can I get you something?  your favorite ice cream or something.... it'll definitely do some good" I ask her hoping to get her mind off the pain.

"You can't do anything. But thanks for asking"

"Actually I can. Look you desire to live a happy life. But it's not fulfilled. So you're stuck here"

"Yaa that's how, you've said it works" she interrupts me.

"Yes but I have an alternative. I can get you out of the earth with your desires unfulfilled. Two years ago I helped a devil on a case" I explained.

"A devil?" She gives a puzzled look.

"Yeah that's a long story. But here's the thing, he owes me a favor, so he can send your soul away. If I ask him"

"So if you can do that. Why didn't you offer it to Amanda?"

"Cause it's a one time deal. And I wouldn't spend it for nothing" 

"So why are you offering it to me?"

"Because you're special. Very special to me" I say from the bottom of my heart.

"How do we do it?" She asks ignoring my compliments. 

"We'll meet him tomorrow"

Next morning. I woke up and she made a delicious breakfast. Adam enjoyed it. While I was busy having rounds of glance at her knowing these were the last.

"If you're seeing her right now, let her know that, I would let her stay here if she makes delicious food like this to us everyday" Adam says gobbling food.

"Yes I'm seeing her right now and I wish I could do that everyday" I say in a low voice but he still hears the half. 

"You're talking about the food right?" He doubts.

"Yes the food she made. It's Delicious. I'll love to eat them" I lied.