Chapter 8

Laura Dunham's P.O.V

"I am so not gonna do that" I argued.

"Okay, you clean the car, I "

"No, I'll clean up my body" I interrupt him as the idea of him cleaning my dead body seemed weird to me

I get into the room. The body is lying on a stretcher. The clothes are stained in blood. I feel pity for myself. Poor soul!!

I take out some cottons out of the box placed near the stretcher.

"Listen, Ms. Ghost, get your wish fulfilled and disappear don't bother him anymore, he's a good guy don't you see?" Adam says, looking at a cotton box.

"Good guy, really? You're lucky that you can't hear me" I say to him/myself.

He leaves when the ghosthunter calls him. They both come an hour later.

"Here" the ghosthunter hands me a white gown. "Is it for me?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"Hmm... not you you, the dead you" he explains.

I take it from him like the people who get the best gift on their birthday party, from the person they hate most.

"Now, I'll go and give cash to the disposer" he says to Adam.

"Wait, I'll come with you, I don't wanna miss any part of my funeral" I say in haste.

"Okay, dress her up and don't put on too much makeup she is..."

"dead, I know" I completed his sentence.

"She is beautiful, already" he says in a dismal tone.

He's got a nice timing to compliment people. After killing. I chuckled at my own thoughts and continued my work.

An hour later I hopped into the car with him to meet the disposer. I was sitting in the backseat.

"So this disposer, how do you know him?" I asked.

"Ah. He'd disposed of a body but the soul was bothering him. So he'd come to me"

"So, this ghost hunting thing you've been doing since when?"

"It's been almost 9 years"

"How did you get into this kind of work?"

"I lost my parents in a fire at my house. I was in high school then. People told me it was a gas leak but I had my doubts. Like how could they be so ignorant. An year into the research and I found a ghost was behind it "

"What did you do?"

"Sent him to where he belonged" He stepped on the gas.

"Sorry about that" I consoled.

"Ah, that's okay, what about your family?" he asked.

"My mom died when I was 3. My dad remarried. I have a step brother Jacob"

"The one you'd called"

"Right. He cares for me a lot. My step mom doesn't seem to like me much"

"How about your dad?"

"He's the best. He lets me do anything I want"

A mile away, I see a girl waving for lift.

He stopped the car. "You're lucky, he didn't hit you" I say to her as she took the front seat beside him. And to my great surprise.

She replied.