Chapter 5

The Ghost Hunter's P.O.V

"Okay, so now we know why she was there" says Adam (when did he wake up? No idea!)

Really. Do we know? Do we know why she, him or any human is here, in this world?

Of course we know how but not why? How? has been answered. Thanks to Georges Lemaître who theorized that the universe began from a single primordial atom. The Big Bang.

And according to Stephen Hawking there is no possibility of a creator (a god) because time too originated from The Big Bang.

Therefore there was no time before The Big Bang for the creator to exist in. So we can't bother God, asking why are we here?.

"So, what are you going to do now? kill me, my soul?" she asks, sneering at me.

"No, because that's up to you"

"Up to me? how? Do I sucide my soul?". She rolled her eyes at me.

She insulted me. Normally I don't take insults that seriously, cause hey I'm just a guy in Laniakea Supercluster which consist of The Milky Way & 100,000 other galaxies.

But, I feel a weird urge to reply and showcase her my expertise on The Ghostience.

"A ghost stays captive to the Earth's energy field till they have an unfulfilled desire. Once that gets filled. They get free and become part of the cosmic energy" I explained to her.

"Yes, I want to be free. This half life sucks. What do I need to do?" she asked with curiosity.

"It's a simple, 3 step process.

You tell me your true unfulfilled desire.

You pay my fees.

I work to get your desire fulfilled.

Done!! You're free".

"I want to kill you" she replied instantly.

Blank. A big blank space. That's what my mind is right now. The stream of thoughts has come to a halt and I like it, The Peace.

"How much would be the fees?" she looks down her nose at me.

Nothing comes to my mind. I would have certainly thanked her for halting the stream this way, under a bit different circumstances.

Circumstances. Yes I'm in kind of a freak-out circumstance. I have a dead body in my only friend's room.

I can't waste my time anymore. I have to work fast. I need a plan. I have to

Dispose of the dead body

Get rid of the evidences (including her soul)

Eat a pizza

Okay, I added the last one just to make it odd. Cause our brain favours odd more. That's why many successful book titles have an odd number in them.

7 Habits of Highly Effective People. The 5 Dysfunctions of a Team. The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership

I straighten my back and then get up from the table. And I give them orders like a king.

"Me is going out. Adam, you go back to sleep.

"And you, Miss Laura, you don't go outside" I say and throw a glance at the gate just to make sure it's still locked.

Seriously. She's a ghost. She can go through the walls and the gates. But I feel relieved as she shakes her head in affirmative.

I get out. Put a lock on the gate from the outside and drove off to meet Mike Shaunder, a body disposer.