Chapter 9

The Ghost Hunter's P.O.V

"Yeah, lucky me, I've been looking for him for some time" the girl replied to Miss Laura.

"You can hear me?" Miss Laura asked, dropping her jaws.

"Yes, cause I'm like you, a ghost and I've been looking for him to get free"

"What happened to you?" I asked.

"I was in love with Richard. But our family didn't approve as he has just an accountant in my dad's office. When my dad found out he removed him from job. We made a plan to run away. I was supposed to meet him at the train station. That night it was raining like hell. I crashed my car into a tree." she sighed.

"So you couldn't meet him."

"No, I did go to the station. I found him on the train. He was cursing himself for loving a cheat. I sat beside him and explained all"

"But he couldn't listen because you were dead already" I stated the fact plainly.

"Yes" Tears wet her eyes. Laura consoled her.

"So you want me to explain all that to him"

"Yes. He hates me. I can't bear that."

"Where is he now?"

"He lives in Barksville"

"Okay, that'll cost you 10 grands" I said flatly.

Miss Laura coughed. I glanced at her to see if she's okay. But she gave me a the girl lost his life & his boyfriend hates her & you're looting her look.

Barksville is 40 miles from here. And he's dad's a businessman. But I'm broke now so I was ready for any negotiation.

"Okay" she said, exceeding mine and Miss Laura's expectations.

"What's your name?" Miss Laura asked her.

"I'm Amanda Wright. You?"

"I'm Laura Dunham." They both looked towards me as don't you have manners ? Tell us your name?

"I only take cash and in advance" I said avoiding any eye contact.

"I am not carrying that much cash"

"Then go and get it" 

"Drop me here and tell me how do I meet you again?"

I dropped her off after giving Adam's address.

"What happens after you tell him the truth?" Miss Laura asked.

"Her desire gets fulfilled. She disappears"

"What if she doesn't. How does she know this is her true desire. She had a full life ahead of her. She could desire anything"

"You're asking about you not her, aren't you?"

"Yes. I mean what do I do? I also want to get out of this half life"

"What do you desire, besides killing me?"

"I want to live. I want to live with my family."

My mind went blank. I couldn't think of anything to say to her.