Chapter 10

Laura Dunham's P.O.V

"We're here." He said after a long pause. We'd reached the disposer's place.

All people were dressed in black suits and pants. I felt like we're in a corporate office. He gave them cash and they showed the coffin to us. Two men loaded it into a van and followed us to Adam's house.

We reached Adam's home and left for the grave with my body in the coffin. We finished the work by midnight and came home.

Next morning. Amanda came and the three of us left for Barksville.

The ghost hunter explains everything to Amanda's boyfriend. He cries. Amanda cries too. But to our surprise.

She doesn't disappear.

You're true desire was to live with him. Wasn't it? He asks.

"Yes.I feel so much pain. And the worst thing is that I'm stuck here with this pain" She says. 

I console her. "I'm going to see my family. You may come if you want it'll lighten up your mood."

 "Okay" she says.

I went inside the house with her.

Dad's reading the newspaper. Mom's busy in the kitchen. My brother is still asleep. They all look Normal.

Of course I want them to be happy but how could they be this much unconcerned about me. If not crying at least look a little sad.They all gather at the lunch table.

"Did you get any phone calls from your sister?" Dad asked Jacob.

My mom stared at Dad with big eyes. "What did I say? No more talk about that girl in this house. She probably ran away with a boy."

"She would not do such a thing". My dad replies.

"Jacob, did you get any call or not?" He asked again. .

Yes you're best dad. I cheered.

"Stop bothering him." 

"I'm not bothering him, I'm just worried about my girl"

"Okay let's just say she did just run away."

Really dad? I mumble.

"Why did she call him that day?" Dad asked.

"Yeah why do you think she called you Jacob?" Mom asked.

"Probably to say goodbye" Jacob said.

"Really Jacob? You think that she'd do something like that" My dad said in a dismal tone.

"I don't know" Jacob says in a cold voice.

"She always treated you like a real brother" Dad defensed me.

"One more word you utter about that girl I'll get you out of this house and my company too" Mom says furiously.

Dad doesn't say a word.

Oh did I forget. My father always wanted a lavish lifestyle. That's why he married her. Not that he felt bad for me and wanted to give me a childhood with a mother.

My vision gets blurry with tears. I ran out of the house crying. Amanda comes following me. "Hey are you okay?"

"No. It's all been fake. An Act !!! They never loved me. I miss my mom"

"Yeah me too" Says Amanda. "She died a year ago. If she would've been alive this wouldn't have happened she would have stood up for my love."

"Yeah my mom too. Thank you so much, Amanda."

"It's okay. Hey if you ever wanna talk. I'll be there. Okay" she parts.

"But how do I contact you. Just think about me. I'll appear"

"What? I think of you and you'll just come flying places" I ask surprisingly.

"Yes we're ghosts, it's kind of our thing" She grins.

Yeah, It should be as they show in the movies. I wonder.