Chapter 7

The Ghost Hunter's P.O.V

Okay. Did I just say that? The expense of 10 Grands would put me back into where I've come from 2 months ago, The Debt.

And considering the 0.5833 (7/12) no. of cases I get per month plus my day job's salary it at least takes a quarter of the year to break even.

Why did I do it then ? Or why do I or anyone do what they do?

As Tony Robbins says it's Needs. 6 Human needs that drives us:

Certainty in outcomes

Significance, we want to feel we're important

Variety, surprises but only that we like

Love/connection,

Growth

Contribution, giving it back to the society.

"Hey, you're back" says Adam, smiling towards me. But why is he smiling?. Probably cause he had a good sleep, I guess.

"Yes, I'm back Adam"

"So how are we gonna do it?" he says beaming.

Aah. I get it. He's happy because he thinks I've got the solution to the body problem.

"I need cash"

"How much?"

"All of them"

"You need all your 9712$?"

9,712? Is that all I've saved in my life. How? Where does all my money go?.

I am not paying rent for the past 6 months & living in Adam's home. No smoking, Drinking.

And just saving, all of it. To get a house of my own. My only expenditures have been food, cloth and transportation on my ghost hunting missions.

Ah I get it. The problem is They don't come much.

"What for though?" he asks.

"I'm getting her a coffin". Yuck!! I say it like it's a gift. "And her name on the grave"

"So what, you didn't take the payment in advance this time?" he asks as if he's asking has the sun not come up from the east today?.

Which is not totally true. The Sun rises due exactly east and sets due exactly west on only two days of every year. (20th March & 23rd September).

When Earth stays tilted by 23.5° with respect to its orbital plane, making the Earth's surface equally half in the light & half in dark.

However, I take payments in advance in every single case of mine throughout the year.

He understands the truth just from my silence. "Oh, you're doing it for free" he says, dropping his jaws.

Ah!! That much surprise. Why? Can I do not some charity? Am I not a good person? Am I?

Of course I am. It's just that I don't have many $ to donate. And many is defined as a large number. That's how people measure donations, in numbers?

Shouldn't it be in %?. A billionaire gets his name on big philanthropist list by just donating a million (0.1% part of his wealth)

But people like me won't make that list by giving even 10 Grands (102.96% of my wealth). What kind of measurement system is that?

System. I feel like my vision system is failing. I am not able to see Adam clearly. Is it because he's showing me the mirror?

I blink my eyes in continuum. I feel someone blowing air in my eyes. And the vision gets clear.

"Ah, Miss Laura" I see her face up close to me. "You okay now?" she asks.

"No, I'm not". I say in a voice so gentle I didn't know I ever had. I hear Adam coughing.

"Of Course not, how can I? We've so much left to do" I say back in business tone. "You go clean up your dead body, And I will clean my car"

"We can't afford, any stains, blood stains"