seven

"You ever been with a girl?"

Spencer and Haiden snapped their heads toward the girl. Coop shrugged, smacking her lips as she waited on an answer.

"No. I haven't."

"You should try it."

"Coop!" Spencer shouted.

Haiden laughed, watching the friends argue.

"If you don't like me, just say that Spencer."

"Coop.. what are you talking about?" Spencer questioned, not sure if she was mentally stable.

"You'd think you were siblings."

They ignored the Baker, throwing pillows back and forth. Haiden glanced at the time, grabbing her keys.

She stopped the pillow fight, saying bye then leaving. Liv had asked for a ride home and Haiden didn't want to be late.

"I'd like that." Liv smiled at the Crenshaw boy.

"What's up? Hey, Haiden, right?" Chris smiled as the girl pulled up next to the curb.

"Hey, Chris, right?" She joked, returning the smile.

"You're funny, I see the attitude that Cam was talking about."  He said, laughing.

"What?"

"Ah, I've said too much. I gotta go but once you figure it out, you let me know." Chris told Liv, typing his number in her phone.

"Okay, see ya." He waved, leaving.

"Figure what out?" Haiden asked.

"It's an insider.." Liv replied, smiling.

Once they were finally home and settled in, Haiden looked for things to do since there was a game later that she wanted to attend.

She sat on the kitchen counter, eating a bowl of popcorn. Everyone was busy with their own things while she stress ate, thinking about the awful man who was now her history teacher.

"Your dad's not gonna like that." Spence commented, referring to her being on the counter.

"Hey, Spencer?" She said, ignoring his comment.

"Wassup? Oh, you're my date for the dance." He stated.

"You didn't even ask me." She spoke, laughing.

"Let's see, I'm dateless, so are you. I mean.. it makes sense."

"Oh, okay." She laughed, throwing a piece of popcorn which he caught in his mouth.

"Guess you do know how to use your mouth.." She said, winking then hopping off the counter.

"You like me.." He called, smiling.

Hours later, it was time for the football game. Haiden sat in the bleachers, watching the Crenshaw team score another point.