nineteen

"Morning."
Laura greeted the three teenagers as she entered the kitchen.

"Before you go, let me treat you guys to some lunch. I've got to get ready for work but you three have a really good day at school."

She gave each of the teens some money then rushed up the stairs. Spencer chuckled at Liv's amused look.

"How long you think she's going to keep that up?"

"What, buying us lunch?" He inquired, seeing nothing wrong..

"Yeah. Her whole fairy godmother act. Ever since our dad moved out, it's like she's been trying way too hard to make our lives seem normal."

"There ain't nothing normal about this." Haiden commented.

"You okay?"
Liv asked, taking notice of Spencer's sorrow look.

"Yeah, just some stuff going on with my pops."

"Well, I know that much by the way you've been giving his calls the heisman."

Spencer sighed, glancing between the girls as he sipped his orange juice.

"He wants me to come play for him at South Crenshaw next season."

Liv gasped, lightly clapping.

"Wow. That's really big. I mean, you know that. Are you going to?"

He chuckled, shrugging.

"I don't know yet."

"I'm not gonna lie, that would suck, but I guess it wouldn't suck for South Crenshaw or your dad. Just talk to him. I mean, avoiding him isn't going to make it any easier."

"Yeah, maybe." He lowly spoke.

Haiden suddenly coughed, choking on the cold water when her eyes landed on Jordan.

He entered the kitchen with a pale, blonde girl. The trio looked between each other then back to the QB.

"Spence, Liv, Haiden, this is um.. Channel." He introduced.

"Chanel. Nice to meet you." She corrected him then smiled.

"Right." He blew her off.

"Can I use the restroom?"

Chanel followed his instructions, going to use the restroom.

"So, how is practice with dad?" Liv asked.

"Great. You know, just calling more audibles, being more vocal, basic stuff."

"Emotionally shaking dad down? Admit it. You are preying on his guilt, and using your powers for evil."

Jordan laughed, shaking his head.

"I'm not shaking anyone down. Look, I'm gonna take her home so I'll see you guys at school? Cool, let's do it."

Haiden laughed while the others stood stunned.

"Does she look like-"

"Your mom? Yeah." Spencer finished, cutting Liv off.

"No, she doesn't. That's weird." Jordan declined.

Laura made her way down the stairs, stopping when she spotted the scary look-alike. She scoffed, walking over to Jordan.

"What's this?" He asked, taking the flip phone from her as she snatched his off the counter.

"That's your new phone until I say otherwise. As for your car keys, they will be going in my purse, where they will stay for the next month; you can take the bus. I changed the Wi-Fi password, and if you haven't figured it out yet, you're grounded."

"Ooh. #Grounded, huh? Too bad you can't post with that phone." Olivia teased.

Laura snapped her head to her daughter.

"Enough, Olivia. I've got a beeper with your name all over it, if you want to join him. Do you have something you want to say, Haiden?"

Haiden shook her head, not wanting to engage in the battle.

"No, ma'am."

"So dad leaves, and I get punished for it. Nice." Jordan observed then scoffed.

"Watch it, Jordan Baker!"

"Okay, that's our cue." Spencer whispered.

"But-" He grabbed the older Baker's hand, pulling her and Liv toward the front door.

Later that night, the four teens sat on the couch, watching a movie. Jordan still partially sulking from his punishment while the others ran from their own mind.

"Hey, Liv. I have something I think would be really good for you. In fact, it has you written all over it." Laura said, sitting next to her.

"SoLa Muse?" Liv read.

"Yeah. They help you develop your leadership skills, and they do philanthropic work in the community, and it would look really good on your college applications."

"Okay." She shrugged.

"And the best part, there is a cotillion at the end of the year to celebrate your efforts." Laura excitingly informed.

"Wait, wait, wait. Olivia at a cotillion? You mean, like debutantes and gowns and the little white gloves? Oh, mam. This is gonna be too good, Liv." Jordan laughed.

"Yeah, I don't know, mom. I'm still not seeing the part that has me written all over it."

"Come on. Community outreach, a strong desire to help others in need? That is so you."

The others nodded when Liv looked to them for confirmation.

"Yes, it is and it's kind of exhausting."

"Come on, honey, just give it a shot and if you don't like it, you can at least say you tried."

Liv contemplated, wondering if the idea could be fun.

"And for you, Haiden, I found some colleges I think you'll like."

Haiden grabbed the papers, groaning as she skimmed through.

"Being a senior isn't so fun, is it?"

She glared at Jordan, swiftly giving him the finger.