nine

Haiden stood at the counter, waiting for the strawberry banana smoothie.

She was oblivious to the football player that had been next to her for five minutes due to her being lost in her thoughts.

"Hey.."
He whispered.

She continued staring at the napkin, pulling the rubber band on her wrist. She internally winced, not wanting to make her pain known.

Cameron tapped her arm, feeling it move. He looked between her legs, pinpointing the sound.

Sadness filled him as he softly grabbed her hand. She continued pulling at the rubber band, feeling the sharp pain each time.

"Haiden.." He whispered, tightening his grip.

She snapped out of her thoughts, blinking her wet eyelashes as she looked at the hand touching hers.

He placed his hand on her lower thigh, gently squeezing.

"Hey." She smiled, wiping her tears and hiding her slightly bleeding wrist.

"Hey? That's all I get? Are you okay?"

She nodded her head.

"What are you doing out here? Crenshaw vs Beverly isn't for weeks."

"I actually came to get a smoothie but you keep stalking me so I think I'll leave."

She giggled, blinking back more tears.

He lightly smiled, hearing her laugh.

"I gotta go, though. I'll check you later, baby."

She caught his arm, stopping him from walking away.

"You're not slick."

"I don't know what you mean." He smirked.

"Cam? What you doing here?" Spencer questioned, approaching the two.

He'd stopped, seeing the pair through the window, unsure if he was seeing right.

"Well, I was getting a smoothie but Haiden keeps stalking me."

She giggled, shaking her head.

"Stop telling people that."

Spencer looked back and forth between the two.

"When did this happen?" He asked.

"When Chris and Liv gave him my number."

Spencer nodded, staring at her. He noticed her puffy eyes and how uncomfortable she looked.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Yeah, why you ask?" She replied.

"Just checking."

He went to the manager, waiting to receive his payment. The two chatted until he came back over; Cam and Spencer glaring at each other.