thirty

"No way I have split personalities, I'm just expressive." Haiden shrugged.

"Sweetheart, we both know that's a lie." Billy nervously chuckled.

"Now, I'm not too experienced on that so I'll let you discuss that with Kat."

"This is interesting.." Haiden whispered to herself.

She took time to ponder, going over any and every detail in her brain while Billy let Jordan in.

He stepped out, checking his phone. Jordan sat across from his sister, smiling.

"You know... I actually miss your ugly face."

"I know you're not talking."

The siblings laughed. Jordan leaned back, getting comfortable.

"So, Dad was suspended as head coach. He said the steroids were his."

"What steroids?"

She hadn't heard about the situation.

"Uh, someone found some steroids in the locker room. Dad said they were his, turns out they belong to Asher."

"Hm.." Haiden hummed.

Jordan looked at his sister, now spaced out. He gently pushed her knee, sighing.

"You gotta be serious about this, Hai."

"I know. I'm ready to get back to my life."

"You been talking to Cameron?"

"Yeah. He has been trying to cheer me up... I'm not sure if it's working anymore."

"You gotta have hope, sis. I can tell you're happy with that douchebag."

"Whatever, yo. I don't see you with a girlfriend."

"Because I have multiple." He teased, sticking his tongue out.

"But... On a serious note, Hai.. are you ready for later?"

Haiden shrugged, unsure if she was. When that time had come, she was still unsure.

Her family sat together, letting Kat do all the talking. When she was done, she let Haiden be the focus of everyone's attention.

Haiden sighed as she shook her head, feeling an intense feeling.

Suddenly, she spaced out before quickly coming to as the family watched in confusion.

"I'd like you to introduce yourself." Kat softly spoke, smiling.

"Hey, I'm Nora."

The family stared at the girl, oddly hoping this was a joke.

"Would you like to talk about yourself, Nora?"

Laura blinked away tears as she glanced to Billy. Billy cleared his throat, placing his hands in his pockets, unsure of what to do.

"There isn't much to know."

The rest of the session consisted of the family asking questions. Some could be answered, some couldn't.

Later that evening, the parents met with Kat alone. They wanted a better understanding of something they couldn't quite wrap their heads around.

"I'm sorry, I still don't understand. Nora... the aging, I'm just confused."

"And if you calm down, Billy, I can explain." Kat calmly told him.

"As we know, Haiden is the host. Nora is nineteen. She is a result of the sexual trauma Haiden experienced. I can't give you a confident answer on the aging portion, though." 

"So, how do I resonate with her?" Billy inquired.

"My advice with Haiden is, don't stop being there for her; she needs you."

"And for Nora?" Laura asked.

"Nora's not going anywhere. She won't budge no matter how hard you try. The trauma has created a permanent protector."

"Nora explains that fight."

"Woah, what fight?" Billy questioned Laura, clueless.

Laura sighed, remembering that he hadn't known.

"I believe there was some girl bullying her. Haiden says that she defended herself because the other girl touched her. We tried to tell you but.. you were practically living in your office."

"No.. no.. no, I was..." He trailed off, remembering his need to perfect the team's plays.

"I was trying to perfect the team's plays. We were on a losing streak and the boosters were down my neck.."

"And there goes the excuses.." Laura commented causing Billy to scoff.

"Why are you turning this on me? Those aren't excuses, it's my career. Kat, help me out here."

"Ah, I am sorry, Mr. Baker. I cannot get in the middle of you two, please consult your own therapist."

"She's agreeing with me."

"Hold on. Yes, I do think Billy's reasons are slightly justified-"

"I'm sorry. Didn't you just say you couldn't get in the middle?" Laura cut her off. 

"Okay. If I could say my piece, please." Billy intervened.

"We are not here to talk about us. We're here to understand our daughter, and we need to be a team to do that. I know the separation has been a little rough.."

"No! We are not discussing this, Billy. Um.. Kat, I appreciate you taking the time but I think we're done here."

Billy scoffed, watching as Laura grabbed her purse, furiously leaving.

———————

hi! so, this is my first time writing about OSDD/DID/BPD (and any others alike). I've done research on the topics; I also know that this may not be typically how therapy/rehab goes but I'd like to remind those that this is fiction. please, no rude comments.