twenty one

Haiden bypassed the crowd, entering the establishment. She spotted the twins off to the side, aggressively whispering.

"Take some damn responsibility. Respect the mothers in your life, she's about to have your child. Make her feel supported through this."

"Right, right. Uh, okay. I'll call her." Jordan sighed.

"Good idea." Liv teased.

"Ghosting Simone finally caught up to you?" Haiden joked.

He turned to her, rolling his eyes.

"Shut up, Haiden."

"You shut up."

"Both of you shut up." Liv intervened.

"No one is talking to you." The siblings simultaneously spoke, glaring at their sister.

Liv lightly gasped, looking between the two, offended.

Their heads turned to the entrance, laying eyes on Cameron and Darnell walking through.

"What you doing here, man? The game ain't 'til tomorrow." Spencer smacked his lips, questioning Cameron.

"Nah, dawg, we right on time. Ready for our close-ups." Cameron smiled.

"Let's see if you're still talking after the game." Asher challenged.

"Settle down, white boy."

"What?!"

"Chill, chill, chill." Darnell told Cam as Spencer and Jordan held Asher back.

"Hey, yo, chill. We ain't here for trouble."

"Doesn't look like it." Haiden whispered to Liv.

"What if I can make sure you're playing the best? Give this game some real buzz for y'all's cameras."

"You gone suit up?"

"Look, I'm not giving up on finding out what happened to Corey, but since you only care about what happens on the field, I'll play for Crenshaw tomorrow. If you beat us, I'll walk away; but if we win, you gotta help me find out why Corey left."

"Hey, can I get a water?" Haiden requested.

The woman grabbed the chilled water, completing the transaction. As she walked away, Haiden put her change in her pocket, looking up when her water was snatched.

"Yo!"

Her eyes landed on Cameron gulping the cold liquid. He twisted the cap back on, smiling.

"This water is damn good, man."

"You're gonna buy me another water, Cameron." She demanded.

"I love when you say my name. Hey, my man, let me get a water."

Zuna walked down the sidewalk, looking through the windows of Rescue Smoothies.