thirteen

"Stop being mean to Spencer."

Cam chuckled, turning his head to his girlfriend as he readjusted her in his lap.

"What?"

"You heard me, Cameron."

"And if I don't?"

Haiden tilted her head, smirking.

"You wanna try me?"

Cam laughed.

"Alright, look. I won't pick on Beverly while you're around."

Haiden stared at him, shaking her head at the nickname. She'd come to know her boyfriend well enough to know that was all he was offering.

"Oh, my mom says hi." Cam stated, leaning his back against the bed's headboard.

"Why are you just now telling me? I picked you up hours ago."

"I forgot, and don't yell at me."

"I didn't yell, goofy."

The two had been sort of together for a few months, Cameron still clueless to her secret.

Her family on the other hand persistent in solving the issue. She and Olivia had barely spoken; Jordan needing some persuasion to keep his mouth shut.

Despite her reaction to the question, he couldn't gather any proof to support his accusation.

Laura had become wrapped up in her campaign, struggling to find time to communicate while Billy had only exchanged a few words with her, afraid he'd have an outburst. 

"What are you thinking about?" He asked, bringing her out of her thoughts.

"I love you."
She spoke then quickly covered her mouth.

She mentally cursed, feeling the redness cover her cheeks from embarrassment. He chuckled, dropping his head then looking at her.

"Holy crap, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to just spring that on you. I had a plan, you know? I'm totally not love-bombing you."

He laughed, shaking his head. Her body ached, wanting to hear him return those words.

"Please say something.. otherwise, I have to kick you out because this is so embarrassing."

"No. It's cute."

"Yeah, says the one who didn't say it."

"I haven't said it, yet."

She stared him, hoping that didn't mean he wasn't into her. Who was she kidding, he was crazy about the older girl.

"Don't worry yourself, it'll come. Let's not force it." He reassured, observing her anxious expression.

She lightly smiled, turning to place a soft kiss on his lips.

"Hey, dude, can I borrow-" Zuna started, opening the door then stopped, covering her eyes.

"A warning would have been nice!"