ten

"When you said we were co-hosting the combine, I didn't think you literally meant 'we'." Haiden complained.

Billy ignored his daughter's comment, collecting his things. Olivia chuckled, pushing her hair behind her ears.

"Look, I appreciate you both giving us a hand. It's a big day. Spencer, your brother.. they've got to bring their A game today." Billy thanked the teens.

"Because that's the only way, right, Coach?"

"Ah, yes it is, Zuna!" Billy exclaimed.

Haiden turned, seeing her friend place her bag on the chair.

"I didn't know you were coming."

"Neither did I but guess you could say I'm impulsive." Zuna replied.

Billy headed out to the field, handling his duties while the girls checked the players in.

They shared giggles, sending trash talking telepathic messages between each other about most of the boys.

Zuna nudged Haiden's knee with hers as the receiver walked away. Haiden shook her head, calling the next student to the table.

"Hi, can I have your name?"

"Josh Ritton."

She nodded, checking him in then handing him the jersey.

"Here you go."

"Thanks." He smiled, winking at her before walking off.

"Ew." She whispered, receiving a snicker from the girls.

"Dude, twelve o'clock." Liv urgently whispered as a figure came up to the table.

"Can I have your name?" Haiden spoke, flipping to the next page.

"I already gave it to you, if you forgot it, I'm gone be hurt." A deep voice replied.

She looked up to see Cam smiling.

He was dressed in his nice suit, his pearly whites shining with a grill at the bottom that made her body tingle.

"Haiden. You still with me?" He asked, hoping she hadn't spaced out again.

"Uh, yeah, yeah. Sorry. Wilson, right?" She nervously chuckled.

"Yes, ma'am." She checked him in, handing him the jersey.

"Thanks, mama." He winked, smiling.

"Man, move." Chris said as he pushed him to the side.

"Put your hands on me again." Cameron told his teammate.

"We ain't got time for you to be salivating all over our stuff. Move."

"Oh, look at big boy Chris, using big words." Cam teased, lightly pushing his friend.

Haiden chuckled, shaking her head at the pair while she checked Chris in.

"You're set."