thirty eight

"Billy." Laura smiled upon
answering the door.

"What's up?"

She snickered at the tool belt around his waist.

"Uh... The kids are a little old for costume parties, and they're not here, remember."

"You got jokes, but seriously, these tools are real." He said, slapping the belt as he moved past her.

"I came to use 'em. Picked up a couple of things while I've been living on my own. Little twin told me that there was some issue with the, uh, garbage disposal?"

"Right. Uh, you're welcome to give it a shot, but the handyman's coming on Monday..."

"Uh-uh! I got this." He confidently said.

"Oh, really, now?" Laura commented, ignoring her explicit thoughts.

"I'll be done in no time."

"Okay. And hey, B?"

Billy, who had gotten on the ground, stood up, looking at her smile.

"Yeah?"

"Thanks."

He smiled to himself as she walked up the stairs then got to work.

Meanwhile, in Las Vegas, their kids didn't know how to act. Haiden enjoyed herself while Liv unknowingly created chaos and Jordan made a life-changing decision.

"I want to explain why Simone was acting so weird earlier. Uh..." He nervously chuckled, handing a paper to Liv.

Haiden, Liv and Spencer looked at the paper then back to Jordan and Simone.

"Uh... Jordan, what the hell? Do you want to explain this?" Liv questioned.

"It's a marriage license. Simone and I are getting married tonight. Listen, just hear me out, all right? I know it sounds crazy."

"You think it "sounds" crazy? It is!"

"What part of "just hear me out" didn't you understand?"

"All right." Liv voiced, rolling her eyes.

"Since we were gonna be in Vegas for Coop's show anyway, I said that we should get Elvis to marry us. I mean, that's what couples do in Vegas, right? They get married. And then Simone said that her parents would be pissed.."

"You think?" Haiden commented.

"And after joking about it for a while, I don't know. It just... it didn't feel like a joke anymore. We both kind of stared at each other and just said... Why not?"

"Well, I'll give you 3 reasons... too young, too fast, too stupid." Liv listed.

"Believe me, Liv, there's nothing that you can say that we haven't thought of already."

"Well, I'll bet Mom and Dad will have plenty to say. I mean, I don't know how you pulled off Mom's signature, but I bet if we called her, she..."

"You would seriously do that?" Simone questioned Olivia.

"Do you want to jump in here or...?" Jordan asked.

"Sounds like a family matter to me." Spencer replied, not wanting to be involved.

"You are family, Spence. All right? And, honestly, I'm happy you guys found out. I mean, we really hated not telling anybody. Now we don't have to get married alone. I get to have my sisters there and my brother. What do you say, Spence? Best man?" Jordan smiled.

"No." Liv answered for him.

"Of course, J." Spencer agreed.

"Haiden, I know you don't care. Liv, you've been there for me literally since day zero. Will you be there for me today?"

Liv crossed her arms looking between Spencer and Haiden.

"Okay." She sighed.

Not long after, while the girls were shoe shopping for Simone, Liv couldn't let go of the matter.

"I have to ask... When you dreamed of your wedding, I mean, were you still in high school? I mean, was it in Vegas?"

"Okay." Simone chuckled.

"There it is. Olivia, I knew you weren't finished, so just come with it."

"It's just so quick, Simone, okay? I mean, is it about the baby? Did you change your mind about giving him up for adoption?"

"Nothing has changed."

"Okay. So then why are you rushing into marriage? I mean, can't you at least wait until you finish high school?"

Simone scoffed.

"Olivia, we love each other, and tomorrow isn't promised. Look, I know this isn't easy for you, but this isn't about you."

"Well, he's my twin brother. I know him better than anyone. Haiden, back me up here. He's impulsive, okay? He does things without thinking."

"So what about me? Am I not thinking, either?"

"I don't know. I barely know you, and neither does Jordan. I mean, you guys have been dating, what, five months? Three, if you don't count the ones you were fighting."

"And we got through it just like we'll get through whatever else comes at us. If you really love Jordan, then you would be happy for him. This is what he wants."

Olivia chuckled, shaking her head.

"What he wants? Last year, he wanted to drive his Segway down the stairs."

"Okay. You know what? I'm done." Simone stated.

"You don't have to agree with me. You don't even have to shop with me, but you're definitely gonna stop disrespecting your brother's and my decision. The wedding's happening... Sis."

Liv glared at Simone as the bride to be angrily walked away.