twenty

"Please?"

"No!"

"Ma."
Jordan whined.

"I already gave you your phone back, Jordan. I am not giving you your car keys."

"Okay, fine. Can I at least use the account to order a ride? Look, I have a thing tonight."

Laura looked to her son.

"What part of grounded is confusing?"

"Look, Cara doesn't have a car, and I told her I'd help her out. Am I not allowed to help out a friend in need?" He protested.

"I'm sorry, Jordan. I didn't realize how hard it is to be you right now."

"Thank you. So, is that a yes?"

"Nope. Stop asking." Laura declined, grabbing her purse and leaving.

"You got something witty to say?" Jordan questioned his sisters.

"Yes, I do but I am going to keep it to myself, and I also have a solution to your complicated dating life." Liv offered.

"I'm listening."

"Go with us to dad's reunion barbecue."

He shook his head.

"Won't Grace James be there? The whole day will just be a huge reminder of what happened."

"My car tonight. Just go to the reunion and hang out with dad." She offered.

"You're bribing me?"

"Yes."

"I could just use Haiden's car. Isn't that right?"

Haiden stared at him, slowly shaking her head.

"No, it isn't. Not sure I like you that much."

"You love me!"

"Never said that."

"I hate you."

"Do I need to remind you that you're asking to use my car? I really think you should choose your words wisely."

Jordan scoffed, shrugging.

"I'll just use Liv's car."

"Only if you're going to the barbecue."

Jordan rolled his eyes, agreeing before leaving. Haiden grabbed her vibrating phone, looking at the incoming FaceTime call.

"Hey, what's up?" Haiden greeted upon answering.

"You and me.. trip to... New Orleans. You cannot refuse so I will ask.. When should we do this?"

The Baker girl rolled her eyes as she entered her bedroom, shutting the door.

"I got it somewhat planned out already." Zuna said, holding the notebook in front of the camera.