Chapter 1

***

Roseanne Park loved her job. She was great at it. Although it was born out of necessity to earn money, she had loved it from the moment she was able to leave the ground for the first time. The training hadn’t required much time. In fact, it had only taken a couple of weeks, which had made her happy and scared at the same time.

However, she had learned quickly that a hands-on approach was the most effective learning method. In the beginning the job had meant to be an additional income, to be able to afford her real passion, creating art, but she had loved it so much, and had made friends for life, that Roseanne had decided to stay and make a career out of it.

Obviously, every profession had its pros and cons. Her biggest pro and the main reason for accepting all the cons, had been the part where she could lock the door, sit back tight and let herself be carried away to new places, new destinations and new people.

As much as Roseanne Park comes across as a well settled, hardworking and career focused adult, at heart she was still a teenager, who didn’t want to be tied down at one place and hated the number one disadvantage of her profession - the unholy wake-up time when she had an early flight. She had never been a big fan of mornings.

Roseanne preferred to start the day at lunchtime and couldn’t understand that nights weren’t part of the day to be used more productively than being asleep.

She groaned loudly into her little apartment, which was close enough to her workplace to reach it in a short amount of time, but far away to not be actively disturbed by the usual sound backdrop of it.

She frustratingly exhaled a whoosh of air and got up to face the chores of the day. She pitter-pattered into her kitchen and activated her coffee machine, which buzzed to life and blinked excitingly. “Well at least one thing in my life is happy to be awake.” Roseanne mumbled under her breath, whilst fishing for her favourite mug.

She placed a capsule into the device and the cup under the nozzle and pressed the button. The smell of fresh coffee immediately invaded her senses and a small smile grazed her features. Everything was better with coffee in her system.

She showered quickly and put on her uniform before carefully applying her makeup for the day. The flight wasn’t too long, she sighed happily, but she would have to stay overnight at the destination, before they returned tomorrow night.

Roseanne finished her coffee, snatched her trolley and made the short way to the airport just in time, as she had to attend the cabin crew meeting in 20 minutes.

She walked through the airport and was about to go through the security gate for employees when she heard her name being called out into the meagre populated hall.

“Roseanne! Wait.” She turned around in surprise and cursed mentally when she saw who had stopped her. The woman quickly approached her with an apologetic smile on her face.

“Roseanne, you look breath taking as usual.” She whispered, as she kissed the blonde’s cheek as a hello.

“Suzy thanks. I’m in a hurry, what do you want?” She stepped back and looked at her annoyed and frustrated.

“Can I talk to you for a moment?”

“There’s nothing to talk about, Suzy.” Roseanne brushed her off and turned to leave.