Chapter 20

***

Seven o'clock came quicker than Roseanne had anticipated and she rushed through her apartment to get herself ready. She was just about to put on her shoes when she heard a knock.

"Hi." She breathed happily, when she opened the door to a stunning Lisa in tailored pants and a loose blouse. She had to stop herself from drooling and instead offered for her to come in.

"Hello Roseanne." The brunette greeted her back and stepped over the threshold, offering a bouquet of roses with a shy grin. "For you." She clarified.

"Wow, thanks Lisa." Roseanne smiled happily, accepting the flowers and stepping aside to close the door behind her. "I'll quickly go and put them into water. Be right back." She said, but was stopped by a warm, gentle hand at her wrist. She turned back and her eyes fell immediately to Lisa's lips.

She craved them like nothing else, but she didn't know if she could just follow her needs. It looked like Lisa had the same desire and before Roseanne could overthink the moment, she felt the soft
mouth pressing against hers and sighed at the feeling.

"Sorry." Lisa whispered when they separated to inhale desperately needed air. "I couldn't wait any longer." She explained sheepishly.

"Please never apologise for kissing me." Roseanne smiled brightly. "I wanted to do the same the moment I saw you."

"Well in that case, please never hesitate to kiss me if you want to."

"Deal." The blonde grinned, before wrapping her lips once more around the other's, teasing her with gentle strokes of her tongue. A moan filled the small apartment and stirred them out of their little bubble.

"Oh, um…" Lisa mumbled. "Maybe we should get going before we're not going at all…"

"Maybe we should." Roseanne panted a little.

"You look beautiful." Lisa breathed out and let her gaze wander over the body in front of her. The blonde wore a midnight blue dress which stopped shortly above her knee and offered a decent amount of cleavage. Not too much to be considered vulgar, but enough for Lisa to have to forcefully pull her glance away.

"Thank you, you do too." Roseanne grinned cheekily. "Positively ravishing." She added and watched the brunette blush.

"I tried my best."

"I'm sure you could wear a sack and still look breath-taking." Roseanne took her jacket and keys and opened the door once more. Lisa followed her lead and they quickly left the building and walked
to a sports car.

"I'm convinced you could too." Lisa murmured and open the passenger door for Roseanne.

"Wow, yours?"

"Belonged to my parents, it's part of the CEO equipment here in LA." Lisa shrugged and closed the door, walked around the car and slid into her seat.

"What else do you own here?"

"Nothing. My parents never considered this city for living. I've got a townhouse in Boston."

"You're still living in the hotel?"

"I am, but I don't really mind. It's very comfortable."

"Can I ask you something which might overstep the boundaries of a first date talk?"

"YOU can ask me anything."

Roseanne didn't miss the stress on the word 'you' and smiled at that. "Well ok. Do you plan on staying?"

Lisa had thought Roseanne would ask her that question exactly. She had expected it. Not so early in their time together, but eventually at some point. "I guess my diplomatic answer would be 'I don't know', but actually…" Lisa glanced over and studied Roseanne's face for a second, before returning
her eyes back on the road. "I'd much rather answer 'it depends'."