Chapter 16

***

"What the hell?" Lisa wheeled around when she heard her name falling from the lips of the one woman she'd never wanted to ever see again. "What part of 'I don't want to talk to you' did you not get?" She growled.

"Lisa, please." Miyeon smiled softly, hoping to take the anger down a notch, but Lisa narrowed her eyes suspiciously at her.

"What do you want?" She hissed through her clenched jaw.

"A drink at the bar?" She suggested still smiling.

"Well, have one then." Lisa pushed past her, finally entering the building and headed towards the elevators.

"You look like you could use one too?" Miyeon stepped into her path.

Lisa only huffed at the proposition and sidestepped the woman.

"Just one. I'll pay." Miyeon probed again with a genuine smile.

Lisa stopped and turned back towards her, clearly contemplating and finally nodding once. "One drink. You pay. Don't talk to me."

Miyeon sighed, but agreed to Lisa's condition. She didn't need her talking. She just had to spend time with her. "Fine by me." She said happily and gestured to the hotel's bar.

....

Roseanne had looked everywhere for the brunette, but had come back empty handed. Jisoo had put her arm around her shoulder for a gentle hug. "She'll be ok. Don't worry." She tried to reassure her. She looked at the taller woman carefully, considering her. "You know, she wanted to experience the company with her own eyes."

Roseanne looked up from her phone, watching her with interest. "Makes sense." She agreed.

Jisoo nodded and took a sip from her champagne.

"When her parents died, she wasn't ready to shoulder the responsibility and lose her privacy at the same time. She had been through some crazy shit when she was younger and she had simply been afraid to step up."

"I understand that, I really do and you know what, Jisoo?" Roseanne paused to take a sip as well. "I think she gave me the rare gift of getting to know her without the burden of her name. I met a kind, caring, interesting, beautiful woman, whom I might not have gotten to know in that way if she had told me from the beginning who she was. I mean let's be honest; it would have never been the same if I had known she's my boss." She shrugged at her words. "I feel a little stupid looking back, but I'm glad I've got to get to know her. She's magnificent." She sighed.

"Do you mind that she's the boss?" Jisoo probed. Roseanne stopped with her glass against her lips.

After a heartbeat she shook her head negatively. "It's
weird, I can't really see her as such, but I guess she can't see herself as the number one either. She seemed so content being a pilot. It suited her. I would never have questioned it."

"It was always her dream to fly. Ever since her parents had started building their company and she had grown up at airports she had wanted to become a pilot."

"I can see it makes her happy. I wish she could be what makes her happy. She's an incredible woman. I'm so glad I've had the chance to see the real her."

"She never wanted to take over, but she also couldn't let her parents' legacy rot away."

"She's selfless, caring so much about something from two people who hadn't appreciated her as much as they should have." Roseanne almost whispered, words only intended for Jisoo to hear.