Chapter 11

***

Roseanne had moved over to her couch and was watching some comedy reruns to take her mind of the disaster the evening had been, when her phone lit up.

Lisa (01:20): Can we meet later? I'd like to explain.

Roseanne huffed out in surprise. 'What's there to explain?' She thought back to the moment in the club and realised, she hadn't really given Lisa any time to elaborate. She had heard the words and had taken off.

'She doesn't want me the way I want her. I get it.' She thought and played with her phone, contemplating. There was nothing to misinterpret. She had tried to kiss Lisa but the woman had stopped them. Although, thinking back, the words were spoken with such a depressed voice full of resignation. The longer Roseanne thought about the way Lisa had sounded and had looked so lost and sad, the more she got the feeling there was a story behind the 'I can't' she wanted and needed to hear.

Roseanne (1:32): When and where?

....

Lisa did not expect Roseanne to still be awake and felt even worse worrying it was her who had kept the blonde up. After she had left the park, she had gone to her office. She had known she wouldn't have been able to sleep anyway. She had wanted to prepare all the documents she would need as she had been hopeful to hear from Roseanne once she had sent the message. When she read the blonde's words she felt her heartbeat increasing and her hands started to sweat. 'I can do this.'

Lisa (1:40): Brunch at 11:00? The Belvedere?

....

"The Belvedere?" Roseanne asked loudly into the silence of her apartment, surprise written all over her face. She had never been to the place because it belonged to an exclusive hotel on Santa Monica Boulevard.

'I wasn't aware they do brunch,' she thought. Why would Lisa want to meet me at such a high-class restaurant? Was this an invite or would she has to pay? Roseanne quickly opened the browser on her phone to check out the menu and nearly choked on her own spit when she saw the prices.

"$85 for a brunch?" She exclaimed outraged and replied with a scowl.

Roseanne (1:45): Sounds good, but can we meet elsewhere? This is a little out of my pocket.

......

Lisa was wondering how the blonde would react to the place and a small smile played at her mouth at seeing the answer. Of course Roseanne would assume this wasn't an invitation with all expenses paid. She wasn't Miyeon.

Lisa wasn't sure how to proceed. She hadn't really been anywhere since she came to LA. She only knew about this place, because her parents had mentioned it a couple of times. Should she stick with the original plan and invite the blonde? Lisa cringed at that, worrying it might look too much like a date when she was going to do the exact opposite of that.

Lisa (1:53): Where would you like to meet?

She finally wrote and hit send a second later.

Roseanne (1:55): Ever been to a place called Charcoal?

Lisa (1:56): No. Message me the address and I'll meet you there at 11:00. Thank you for giving me your time, Roseanne. Lisa

Roseanne (2:00): 425 Washington Blvd.

....

Roseanne stopped typing, thinking of how to end her message but came up short. Whatever Lisa wanted to talk about, it probably wasn't what she wanted to hear and so she simply added 'See you.' and pressed send, slumping back into her couch.